2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Can't Make Up My Mind On Caliper Paint!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 12:02 AM
Izero
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Can't Make Up My Mind On Caliper Paint!!!!

ORIGINAL: DevilsReject

http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/g2/caliper_paint.jsp

That's the kit I'm using to do mine.... and they offer 9 colors....

If it was me, since you have such an off color, I'd look for a custom paint color to match your body.....but thats expensive....

I'd go with silver or gold....simply to make the caliper stand out. A dark green, black, and silver/gold would look good.... Red would remind people of Xmas....and several other colors would just look tacky.

Black wouldnt look good either because it wouldnt stand out....and you'd just be better served to leave it the stock color...

1. thanks devils i saw that kit before but the price is stupid.... I mean i can goto autozone or something and spend $16 instead of $38 for the duplicolor caliper kit which comes with everything just like that kit Cost is my limiting factor... cause i gotta pay for school its killin me... my car woulda been turbo'd last summer if i didnt have to spend all of my $ on school so yea... anyways i do like the color selection that kit gives me but the price is just too much for me atm

2. You really think thats the best pic of my car in my gallery......? That was the day that I really went nutz with the random orbital and some polish.. and wax, and everything else.... thats how i got that sick shine there .... My birthday is commin up soon and I'm plannin on gettin myself a Rebel XT (digital SLR camera)...and hopfully ill get the stupid '03-'05 front bumper painted for my birthday too then Im'a be runnin allllllll over the place takin pictures and flaunting pure sex all over photobucket!

3. I def. dont wanna have a x-mas tree goin on with my car so red is def. out.... so is yellow, and blue is for sure not gonna happen.... i think im'a go for silver YAY!

4. I hate odd numbers so............................. YAY! SEX!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-04-2008, 12:30 AM
pasgaines
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i would go with flat black bbq grill paint,make the chrome whhels stand out more they are the center of attention not the calipers

Old 06-04-2008, 12:44 AM
Exubus
Champion

BBQ grill paint is a good idea. But keep in mind that Duplicolor makes 500+ degree paint and plenty of colors that... that's good enough for break calipers... if your calipers go over 500 degrees the paint is the least of your problems lol

Old 06-04-2008, 02:12 AM
N30N
Record Breaker

silver man.it would stand out...like either go bright or dark.dark paint(dark accents)

Old 06-04-2008, 02:30 AM
Adionik
Champion

You can see your calipers behind your HUBCAPS?!! WHAT ABOUT THE DRUMS?!!?!?

/hatermode

Old 06-04-2008, 03:52 AM
N30N
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: Izero

Freaking halarious

Old 06-04-2008, 03:55 AM
contagious19
Champion

Blue would stand out

Old 06-04-2008, 07:47 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

ORIGINAL: Izero

1. thanks devils i saw that kit before but the price is stupid.... I mean i can goto autozone or something and spend $16 instead of $38 for the duplicolor caliper kit which comes with everything just like that kit Cost is my limiting factor... cause i gotta pay for school its killin me... my car woulda been turbo'd last summer if i didnt have to spend all of my $ on school so yea... anyways i do like the color selection that kit gives me but the price is just too much for me atm

2. You really think thats the best pic of my car in my gallery......? That was the day that I really went nutz with the random orbital and some polish.. and wax, and everything else.... thats how i got that sick shine there .... My birthday is commin up soon and I'm plannin on gettin myself a Rebel XT (digital SLR camera)...and hopfully ill get the stupid '03-'05 front bumper painted for my birthday too then Im'a be runnin allllllll over the place takin pictures and flaunting pure sex all over photobucket!

3. I def. dont wanna have a x-mas tree goin on with my car so red is def. out.... so is yellow, and blue is for sure not gonna happen.... i think im'a go for silver YAY!

1.) I figured you would probably use the duplicolor, but I wasnt sure if money was an issue. Just wanted to make sure you had as much options or info as you can get. I can definitely relate to the money situation, my daughter will be 2 in August.

2.) It is indeed the best picture of your car in your gallery, both for the color of your ride and the angle. Your sig is cool, but like some have said, your car looks black.

3.) Red, Blue, and Yellow will look out of place/horrible on a green car with black wheels. It just doesnt blend well. Silver, Black, and Gold are the only colors I would use. Maybe white, but that's a PITA to clean....

4.) Priceless

ORIGINAL: contagious19

Blue would stand out
Yeah, Blue would stand out really well, but it wouldnt look good with his color combo. I'm getting ready to repaint my calipers. My CompG GTP came with red calipers, but I'm going to paint them blue....as well as get the door badges redone to match. Removal of red and insert blue FTW!

Old 06-04-2008, 10:13 AM
Izero
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Adionik

You can see your calipers behind your HUBCAPS?!! WHAT ABOUT THE DRUMS?!!?!?

/hatermode
1) lol hahahahahaha ur such a dork sometimes..... and as for hubcaps.... they are only gonna be on in the winter time.... so whats it matter hehehe anyways....

2) thanks for the 4th lil bit there devils it made me laugh and awwww 2 years old..... you better make sure you get her somethin good else i'ma have to kick your @$$..... hahahahahaha bro the simplest things ammuse kids until they are like 4 then you have to actually spend more than $10 at the toy store..... its terrible...and i know b/c i have a TON of little cousins..... its ridiculous

3) and yea.... money is always an issue.... it sucks....

4) I love chocolate chip cookies!!!! omfg!! [sm=happy046.gif][sm=wootwoot.gif][sm=bounceybounce.gif]

Old 06-04-2008, 02:21 PM
djmagic
Record Breaker

i like white the best now. It will be worth it.

Quick Reply: Can't Make Up My Mind On Caliper Paint!!!!