2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Craziest thing you ever did in/on/to/around your Neon?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2008, 09:55 PM
Exubus
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Craziest thing you ever did in/on/to/around your Neon?

That does suck. I was textign while driving one night on my birthday, and hit a big metal mailbox. Came through the windshield, and the posts broke apart and bounced/scraped ALL the way down the bodt panels and side windows. That was a bad night.

Old 06-09-2008, 01:54 AM
djmagic
Record Breaker

Well i have a funny and a somewhat crazy driving one. The driving one there is this one long sweeping turn and i took it doing 60-70 with two buddies, a car pulled out in front of me and the car slid a little. They loved it. Made both of them want neons. One did get a 04 and another got a grandma car. Well took that same turn around 50 with another buddy and he was screaming the whole time. He got busted on that road and was being a little girl. The funny one is me and my buddy (anthony)who screamed were cruising down the main street here in Tucson. Well we couldn't find any action so we were getting ready to turn around to go home. Then i heard a blow off valve. Saw a srt-4 and is300 racing. I turned around and caught up and just was barely ahead of the lexus and he immedatly turned. He thought i had a srt cause of the exhaust. I have a couple more but i save them for know

Old 06-09-2008, 01:58 AM
Exubus
Champion

Good times... I got a couple more too but every time I write them out and try to post, the servers freak out and I lose all the text...

Old 06-09-2008, 07:16 AM
contagious19
Champion

ORIGINAL: Adionik

Calling bs on the sex
***, if this site wasnt pg-13 i would get into details, im not dat tall im 5'5" so i have plenty of room.

Old 06-09-2008, 08:15 AM
Exubus
Champion

So you're saying that you probably got a Viper story in there too? lol...

Old 06-09-2008, 10:36 AM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i will list a few of the main stories...
i had my old blue 98 r/t and was racing a friend in a 98 GP GTP...went to pass him, hit the rev limiter in 4th gear (about 115 mph)...broke #1 connecting rod, chewed up the #1 cylinder badly, bent the crankshaft, pushed the piston into the head, broke 1 valve completely off, bent the other 3 valves, knocked the rollers off the camshaft, bent the camshaft, chewed the hell out of the head

outran a state trooper on the interstate in my red 98 r/t turbo....the cop was driving a new yukon, got right behind me, i hit the gas....by the time i got to my exit, (9 miles later) he was about a mile behind me....i had the car hitting the 130mph speed limiter almost the whole way.....parked the car in my garage for 3 days and didnt open it (just incase)

got really messed up one nite with some friend of mine and took the blue r/t with chrome 17's out mudding....got it stuck a few times and a friend of mine had to pull me out....took 2 days to clean the car all up..

took some 30mph hardcore S curves at 85mph in the blue r/t...tires squeeling and sliding sideways but it didnt kept on going

clipped a semi trailer at 90mph in the red r/t.....spun me around a few times and threw me backwards into a ditch, broke the lower control arm, broke the spindle in half, blew out 2 konis struts, broke 2 strut mounts, broke the steering rack, broke swaybar end link, brake the axel in half. beat in my passenger fender, messed up the front bumper, broke the headlight and bracket, broke out a fog light, and gave me some major whiplash[8D]

got cought speeding in the red r/t turbo by an off duty detective.....90 in a 45....i pulled over, he called for backup, had 6 marked cop cars and 3 off duty cars and 14 cops there to keep an eye on me...i guess the guy was worried that if i ran, he wouldnt catch megot off with a verbal warning

there are so many more, but i dont have time to write them all yet....
hopefully this helps your page count a bit

Old 06-09-2008, 01:49 PM
Ghost Neon 2
Record Breaker

Locked two young ladies (minors) in my trunk and drove from Laurel to Glen Burnie (40 min drive) because one or both was mouthing off. This was over 6 yrs ago.

Old 06-09-2008, 01:58 PM
Izero
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Ghost Neon 2

Locked two young ladies (minors) in my trunk and drove from Laurel to Glen Burnie (40 min drive) because one or both was mouthing off. This was over 6 yrs ago.

[sm=insomnia.gif][sm=WTFsgign.gif][sm=wtf.gif]what the hell.............. are you kidding......? I'm a tad worried about you now.... hahahahaha still funny though! why didn't they try the little emergency pull cord hahahaha little girls rolling around the freeway prolly wasn't a good idea... hahahahahaha [sm=happybounce.gif][sm=roll.gif]

Old 06-09-2008, 02:05 PM
dtjackten
2nd gen neon peace keeper

i have had a drunk friend in my trunk and when we pulled into the bar, he hopped out and bought the first round... leterly jumping out of the car (by the quick release) when i was pulling in.... but it was cool because he had a beer waiting for all of us when we walked in... "all i said was, nate just jumped out of my trunk... drunk mother Fer"

Old 06-09-2008, 06:08 PM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Izero

ORIGINAL: Ghost Neon 2

why didn't they try the little emergency pull cord
1st gen neons didnt have the emergency cord

Quick Reply: Craziest thing you ever did in/on/to/around your Neon?