2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Craziest thing you ever did in/on/to/around your Neon?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2008, 03:54 AM
Exubus
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Craziest thing you ever did in/on/to/around your Neon?

Alright, just a few weeks agosomeone posted a thread that, if I had to take bets, generated more replies and posts in the shortest amount of time than any other thread I have seen... now that thread got moved and now only moderators can look at it, but keep this in mind: The "Official 2nd gen offtopic thread" generates an average of 6 pages a week from posts.The "Mystery thread"thread generated almost13 pages in just 1 week! There were about 2,400 views on the thread in12 days, compared to 27,000 for the 2nd gen offtopic in 7 months... which means people looked at the "Mystery thread"at a rate of 157% compared to the other, and people posted to it at an average of 216% compared to the "offtopic" thread, which is huge.

THAT BEING SAID: All of us here have Neons, so that means there is no reason why everyone who views this cant post SOMETHING. If its an extreme story, then edit it and just give us the PG-13 version. If its funny or a great story or both, let us know! Bottom line, the question remains, and we all have an answer to it...

What is the craziest thing you ever did in, on, to, driving or around your Neon (driving or not)?

Ill save my story(s) for later... the bestare good, and all humorous as luck would have it,but we all have one. So everyone start sharing your nostalgia with us now... WHICH MEANS THIS BETTER BE THE BIGGEST THREAD HERE besides the offtopic... because EVERYONE can have a part in this thread, regardless... this is everyones chance to laugh, bond, cry, smile, squint, call their mom, etc etc, etc... [sm=popcorn.gif] So whats YOUR story in/on/to/driving/around YOUR NEON??

Old 06-07-2008, 04:03 AM
Adionik
Champion
Default RE: Craziest thing you ever did in/on/to/around your Neon?

5 minutes after install hotchski sways I took a 90 turn at 60mph on bald tires. I jumped the curb, messed up my strut and missed a tree by about 4 inches. I almost got myself killed

Old 06-07-2008, 07:18 AM
N30N
Record Breaker

s3x in the passenger seat

Old 06-07-2008, 10:38 AM
NeonOn19s
Captain

driving north on Intersated 15 heading up to a photoshoot in LA, following a buddy driving a widebody mini at 110 mph (mini has better handeling then me....) merged in between two cars with only inches to spare. my wife (girlfriend at the time) finger nail indentations are still in the dash from that day LOL I never did that again.. BTW this is prior to the new paint and body work.. must have been 3 years ago..

Old 06-07-2008, 10:49 AM
dtjackten
2nd gen neon peace keeper

cruizing around in a neon with NO interior, only one drivers seat, taking a bunch of drunk people home from the bar... all of them sitting on the car floor.... kinda looked like a bunch of mexicans in a bus trying to get smuggled over the border

Old 06-07-2008, 11:00 AM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

I went down an excessively curvy road at 90-100. Went through a S turn on the road and I could feel my rear left tire lifting off the ground. Scared me a bit. Car did not lose control in the slightest way.

Old 06-07-2008, 11:31 AM
DouglasSXT
Veteran

Nothing to crazy here yet... And I hope it stays that way! lol

Oh besides putting all my struts together, then realizing I had the springs on wrong. Def a duh moment there, I was just excited.lol

Old 06-07-2008, 01:12 PM
Izero
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've got a few of them.... I'll post up the best few when I get some more free time to write them all out.... :-D no worries I wont forget... Lets here yours there Iowa.... or w/e the hell your name is... god i don't even know what to call you anymore... ahhhhhhhhh :-P

Old 06-08-2008, 03:04 AM
04neonrtguy

So my buddy used to have a 98 neon, auto, and thought it was the ****, he thought he was in a ferrari when he was driving it. He blew one transmission, almost another, and got caught doing 90 by an off duty cop in a 25mph zone, and they traced the car back to his parents and let them know, since he was off duty he could not give him a ticket. His parents sold his car, so he helps me out with mine. But anywho, my story, i was doing about 25, turning 90 degrees left onto a side street with a median. My buddy is always down for some crazy **** so i told him to sit back. I punched it and dropped 2nd gear about halfway through the turn, took the car almost sideways, my tires were turned and i was going for the curb. and suddenly right before i blew out my rim, it caught and slid back the other way, and then i almost hit the other curb. i drove it out doing 60 in 2nd, and realized i was about 3 blocks from my cities cop shop. Fun times.

Old 06-08-2008, 03:11 AM
Exubus
Champion

ORIGINAL: Izero

I've got a few of them.... I'll post up the best few when I get some more free time to write them all out.... :-D no worries I wont forget... Lets here yours there Iowa.... or w/e the hell your name is... god i don't even know what to call you anymore... ahhhhhhhhh :-P
Call me pt, Patrick, Iowa... I respond to a lot. I will try to post a story when this site doesn't keep timing out on me...

Quick Reply: Craziest thing you ever did in/on/to/around your Neon?