Strut and spring install

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 12:31 AM
ewetho
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Strut and spring install

ORIGINAL: Caraudioholic24

Hey everyone. Im working on getting my tokico blue struts and Eibach lowerings springs installed in a couple of months. Now I doall my own work but have never attempted to do a strut spring setup before. Just a few questions before I start. Im getting everything from modern including the camber kit!!

- After I remove the assembly from the car will I need any parts from the factory stuff to install my other parts.
- Also I heard u need tocut out a hole in the foor in order for the new struts to fit. Is this true!!!!!!!

any help would be appreciated Im gonna check the how tos, Thanks everyone.

P.S. Im working on pics but just havent had time for crap lately. Be patient with me !!!

Depending on milage you may want to get new "top hats" aka bearing plates, strut mounts, etc.....

If you get new ones you can get all new stuff and then have them built and just install them when you get home. Heck Monroe now sells Quick Struts for stock applications and after doing one for stock stuff I will never do it any other way if I can help it. Just too easy.

Old 06-12-2008, 01:18 AM
Caraudioholic24
Veteran

OK cool. If anyone can come up with a list for me or will the dealer know what I am asking for, I am expecting the kit by the fourth of july so I want to be ready to throw then in. thanks

Old 06-12-2008, 01:21 AM
Exubus
Champion

As far as the install, the dealer should know exactly what you're wanting to do and know how to do it.

Quick Reply: Strut and spring install