2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

mustang gt or my lil neon

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 07:15 PM
Captansavaho
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: mustang gt or my lil neon

if you can beat a supra mad ups...now that is one beast of car not to change topic =] friends supra 750 rwhp stock internals amazing...

Old 06-19-2008, 09:27 AM
dtjackten
2nd gen neon peace keeper

if you can beat a supra mad ups...now that is one beast of car not to change topic =] friends supra 750 rwhp stock internals amazing...
only the turbo versions are fast, the non turbos are VERY VERY slow... heavy car, and no power

I'd rather beat a Vette or a Supra any day over a Civic.
+1 but i also will say that i will love when my neon takes a vette out..(supra i will never see so i am not worried) neon i honestly think u will get more props from the vette owners in a neon than a mustang, but, u never know...

Old 06-20-2008, 10:28 AM
lblackneon
Champion

ORIGINAL: IowaNeon04

I agree with just about everyone else here. Turbo the GT... plenty of potential there, and the stock bottom end of the 4.6 in the GT can handle up to 700 hp stock... not sure about the trans or independant rear linkage, but you can abuse it a lot more and get away with it a lot easier than you can with one of our Neons... Besides, if you turbo the Neon, you'll be getting heat from SRT4s, Accords, Civics, S2000's, etc etc. Turbo the 'stang, and you'll have Vettes, Vipers, and Supras wanting to play... I'd rather beat a Vette or a Supra any day over a Civic.
I disagree with the 700 hp on a stock bottom end in a GT. It's more like 500 ish hp on the stock aluminum engine.

Old 06-20-2008, 12:21 PM
Izero
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

lol nah man i've seen them first hand make 650 whp on the stock bottom end.... but that is also with a SINGLE turbo setup as well as a ton of bolt ons..... and a masssssssive intercooler, and i know b/c i got to drive it :-D hehehe its all good though.... i mean 500-550 is what people say is safe which is correct but it is possible to hit 650....its prolly def. not suggested though :-P hahaha

Quick Reply: mustang gt or my lil neon