2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

o2 sensor???

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 06:19 AM
N30N
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default o2 sensor???

hey guys whats up???im changing my o2 sensor the one right above the manifold in the back of the engine.i know its going to be a pain in my azz but is it easy to change and how much are they(usually)thanx guys

SHOUT OUT:dtjackten,karr,iowa,mat663,pablodragon,contagi ous19=you guys rock

Old 06-18-2008, 02:42 PM
Adionik
Champion
Default RE: o2 sensor???

wow

Old 06-18-2008, 06:50 PM
Exubus
Champion
Default RE: o2 sensor???

Did you save my PM's about this? If not, here goes:

Yes, very easy to change if you have the right tools. Get yourself a "short and narrow" 3/4" wrench, or an O2 sensor socket... it's just a 3/4" deep-well socket with a groove in the side of it to accomodate the wires.

If you use the socket (can rent one from your local parts store probably) then you don't have to remove the heat shield from the manifold... if you use the wrench, you may have to remove the shield... I didn't, but I got lucky...

Make sure the anti-sieze that should already be on the threads of the new sensor does NOT get onto the actual sensor body... if it gets in there, it will mess up your readings after install.

The rest should be self-explanatory.

I paid $24.95 for the direct Bosch replacement. Universals can go as high as $78... but you have to usually cut the wiring harness if you use them. Just find a direct-fit one and save the hassle.

Quick Reply: o2 sensor???