2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

IowaNeon04 official lack-of-progress post

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 01:27 AM
magnum04RT
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: IowaNeon04 official lack-of-progress post

so just curious, where did you buy the striping kit from? somehow i think i have the patience to do it but maybe time will prove otherwise. p.s. please post a pic with the front bumper done, would love to see it.

Old 06-28-2008, 04:15 PM
AirWolf

he painted those stripes on and if your lookin for a nice decent priced stripe kit you can find them over on revoultion motorsports best graphics around in my op.

Old 07-01-2008, 02:28 AM
Exubus
Champion

The main stripes are painted... I just masked the car off, 6"-wide stripes, 3" apart, sanded, then a light watery alcohol bath, then sprayed. The pinstriping is just regular black vinyl, layed it down by eye a day after it was painted.

Still haven't rubbed it down and clearcoated it yet, maybe tomorrow if I'm not too lazy. I did end up doing the front bumper, but I got impatient and didn't sand it that well beforehand. Needless to say after driving a total of about 1500 miles this past weekend, the semi trucks kicked up more than one rick into my bumper and the paint flaked off in a few spots... so the bumper obviously needs to be re-done the same way that I did the rest of the car...

Quick Reply: IowaNeon04 official lack-of-progress post