2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

lambo doors..

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 01:54 AM
magnum04RT
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lambo doors..

so i know a couple of you, at least one, have put lambo doors on the front. i know the kits range from around $600-$1000. how easy is the install (if you did it yourself?) i have some major things to do first, but am definetely thinking about doing this in the future. i know some welding is required, but is it a huge pain in the @$$?

Old 06-28-2008, 02:22 AM
j_son600
Veteran
Default RE: lambo doors..

There not too bad to install, took me about 8 hours start to finish, about 2 hours of the time was making the extended wiring harness for the door's. The kit I have is the VDI kit and you can usually pick it up for around $1400, I know that's a little high but I highly recommend this kit.
First off it is a direct bolt on kit no welding required, and a lifetime warranty on the hinge assembly's. I have had the kit on the car for over a year now without one problem what so ever. With kids, work and such I open and close the door's at least 4 to 6 times a day.

Old 06-28-2008, 02:46 AM
magnum04RT
Rookie

sweet man, thanks for the advice.
p.s. your the "one" i was talking about on this forum with the lambo doors.
and for the welding i heard about, im guessing its for the cheaper kits, and it must be more of a pain in the @$$. will definetely go with the no weld kit.

Old 06-28-2008, 03:05 AM
j_son600
Veteran

Ya I think the welding is for the "cheaper" kits. There are 2 car's around here with vertical doors, one is a civic and the other is an accord both with "cheap" weld on kits. I have talked to both drivers and heard horror story's of the doors not opening or closing right, not holding them self up and randomly going out of adjustment. That is why I recommend if your car is a daily driver go with a good kit, you won't regret it.

Old 06-28-2008, 05:17 AM
magnum04RT
Rookie

will definetly go with the kit you have. if i buy parts that i am unsure of, i usually go with instinct and buy the more expensive.

Old 06-28-2008, 10:36 AM
AirWolf

Iwould do vertical doors not many neons have them on here its just j_son and srt forums has a few srt4s that have them. I wanted to go that way and suicde the rear but going for sure do it to my new ride next year. With the vertical doors your ride will be a looker thats for sure. I thought if I also went with the vertical doors those would get in the way of my flip flop trunk and flip flop hood. So those two are my eye catchers . So good luck with the vertical door thing.

Old 06-28-2008, 03:16 PM
dtjackten
2nd gen neon peace keeper

neonon19s has them also... but all i can tell u is do not go cheap, a kid that is around my town went cheap on this style door HATES them.... the hinges are cheap and have alot of play in them... have to pickup thedoor to close it, HUGE pain inthe ***,if i were u i would spend alittle bit more money and get a good kit like j_son said...

hell i would get them if they have that good of warrentee...( lambos are just not my thing)

Old 06-28-2008, 03:55 PM
AirWolf

Well on my new scion xb they are putting them on right from the dealership so I will have very good warrenty with my vertical doors. When I get her sooner or later. Yeah you just got to be careful with who you buy the kit from . Jt autostyle or vertical doors inc are the two I would get them from if I were to get some for my sxt .

Old 06-29-2008, 03:24 AM
magnum04RT
Rookie

please do yourself a favor and spend that money on a used srt4. am not trying to diss you but i think someone would have to ban you if you posted a picture of that thing on this forum. but this is only my opinion.

Old 06-29-2008, 11:14 AM
AirWolf

Hey Scions are awesome rides and xb is more roomy than my neon and with all the mods Im going to do its not going to be your normal xb. Also wanted a different show ride than my neon. 1st mod Im going to do is vertical doors and maybe sucide the rear . Than a 5pc lip kit , spoiler , 18inch black rims with red lip and coilovers, cf hood , led tails , halo projector headlights , Upgrade exhaust system, tinted windows , leather seats and headed seats and alot more . I would not be on here due to I would be on scion forums so I wouldnt post a pic on here its a neon forum I would post a ton of pics over on my scion forums. Why would I buy a used srt4 when I can buy a new scion xb with no miles and 3yr warrenty even with the mods Im doingand if I wanted to get a srt4 I would get a brand new caliber srt4 those rock.

Quick Reply: lambo doors..