2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Uh oh Neon

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 08:52 PM
davejew01
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Uh oh Neon

Hello, I am new to the forums. I just bought a 03 Neon, non turbo. Drives great, but bad transmission. Now lets see if I can get some help. I replaced the transmission (5spd) and after repairing it the car starts and dies. All the vacuum lines are hooked up, and connectors(im pretty sure). Also, I notice when the car does run for about 3 or 4 seconds, the tach is dead. Sometimes the starter wont turn the engine over either. Other times it starts and dies. Did I miss something, has anyone else run into this. Now I did have the battery disconnected to replace the trans. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 06-28-2008, 09:09 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion
Default RE: Uh oh Neon

Heh...if I didn't know any better it sounds like the Sentry system shutting down the car...but that has nothing to do with the transmission.

Did you do anything else wiring wise during the replacement?

Old 06-28-2008, 11:15 PM
davejew01

No nothing else. Tomorrow I am going to check and make sure all my grounds are in place and what not. The main thing electrical I did was remove the battery. Also when it doesnt even crank over, I notice the check engine light does not come on. I guess I made it mad ha.
Appreciate the help.
If it is the sentry system shutting down the car, is there any remedy besides taking it to the dealer?

Old 06-29-2008, 03:59 PM
davejew01

I dont understand. I went out and the car started right up. No issues what so ever. I even drove it about 5 miles and everything is fine. I guess the sentry system timed out or something. Oh well.

Quick Reply: Uh oh Neon