2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

K&N filter on an e-bay intake?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 10:55 PM
Pablodragon
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default K&N filter on an e-bay intake?

So's I goes to my local Advance Auto Parts store today, because it is the last day for 25% off the K&N filters. I pull my e-bay filter off (that came with the e-bay short ram intake)..and I find it is a 3"... they only have K&N 3 1/2 and 4 " filters !?!
Does K&N make a 3" clamp on?... or was my local store just out of them?

...oh, and why is an AEM dryflow 3" filter so expensive?..was like over 50 bucks... are the AEM's better than the K&N's?

Old 06-28-2008, 10:57 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion
Default RE: K&N filter on an e-bay intake?

Sounds like you just have a crappy Advance Auto Parts[8D].

Old 06-28-2008, 11:00 PM
Adionik
Champion

It will probably fall off because I don't see that clamping properly

Old 06-29-2008, 03:35 AM
magnum04RT
Rookie

my ebay CAI was all 2.5" tubing, and came with this ghetto, cheap @$$ filter. it fell off and i was sucking god knows what into my engine for i dont even know how long. i looked one day and was like uhh where is my filter? so anyways, go to auto zone. so your whole intake is 3" outside diameter? if you measure it and the outside dia. and it is 2.5", go to autozone and take a tape measurer with you and start ripping boxes apart to find the right one. i think the one i have is bigger that stock, and its so big i had to take my headlight out, and take my intake apart just to put the darn filter on. at least i know even if it falls off for whatever strange reason, its not going anywhere.

Old 06-29-2008, 08:29 AM
DouglasSXT
Veteran

Thanks for this thread, I need to get a new filter myself.

Old 06-29-2008, 11:23 AM
AirWolf

K&N is way better than the aem in my op and I got my K&N from oreileys autoparts way better than advance in most areas except advance has ngk plugs and optima batterys where the other two places dont.

Old 06-29-2008, 07:00 PM
mat663
All Star

ORIGINAL: magnum04RT

my ebay CAI was all 2.5" tubing, and came with this ghetto, cheap @$$ filter. it fell off and i was sucking god knows what into my engine for i dont even know how long. i looked one day and was like uhh where is my filter? so anyways, go to auto zone. so your whole intake is 3" outside diameter? if you measure it and the outside dia. and it is 2.5", go to autozone and take a tape measurer with you and start ripping boxes apart to find the right one. i think the one i have is bigger that stock, and its so big i had to take my headlight out, and take my intake apart just to put the darn filter on. at least i know even if it falls off for whatever strange reason, its not going anywhere.
That is exactly the reson why I switched from CAI to SRI...I didn't want to deal with it falling out and vanishing on me.

ORIGINAL: AirWolf

K&N is way better than the aem in my op and I got my K&N from oreileys autoparts way better than advance in most areas except advance has ngk plugs and optima batterys where the other two places dont.
Oreily's sucks. I think they are the worse out of all the auto parts stores.

Old 06-29-2008, 07:23 PM
AirWolf

Well orileys has the only autopaint store in my area and got my k&n filter for 30bucks other than that I get most of my stuff from ebay. So I guess every auto parts store has its good with me.

Quick Reply: K&N filter on an e-bay intake?