2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

New Guy Trying to fix Mother In Laws Neon.

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 11:59 PM
Izero
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: New Guy Trying to fix Mother In Laws Neon.

P1684 isn't a serious code it should go away on its own... from what I'm reading its caused by disconnecting the battery within the last 50 starts... tomorrow i would run the car, take it for a spin around the block (GO SLOW ie. the speed limit= 25mph or so) come back to ur driveway and check to see ifdfgdff there are any codes again...

P1193 can be caused by a loose sensor on the intake... prolly the IAC, or the MAP, or any other sensor along the intake tract so check all the sensors from the intake to the intake manifold just make sure they aren't loose...

P0108 could mean a Bad MAP sensor.. so if you get these two codes again P0108 and P1193 get a new MAP sensor and that should fix the problem

Old 07-12-2008, 12:17 AM
jmcd
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I tightened the gas cap and disconnected the battery to reset anything from the day before . Took it for a drive to get it up to temp. Came back and all I got was the 1684 . Should I chance it and just go with the map . Pretty sure nothing is loose . Don't really want to drive it again like that . Still obviousely running like crap!

Old 07-12-2008, 12:38 AM
Izero
Champion

.... plugs and oil are all changed and up to date...?

Old 07-12-2008, 12:44 AM
jmcd

Yep did those last week and threw some injector cleaner in cause that was when it stated with the light sputters. What is the firing order anyway I did them one at a time so I didn't have to look it up . I am pretty sure no one has touched the car except mesince it was new.

Old 07-12-2008, 12:48 AM
Izero
Champion

........... ill look up the firing order tomorrow in my repair book.. i need sleep atm... but if you used injector cleaner that could be causing the sputtering and crap......so just keep goin till the tank it empty (well close to it.. like let the gas light come on) then fill up the tank and see if that helps any....

Old 07-12-2008, 12:55 AM
jmcd

Great I never use any addatives ,,other than Restore in the oil and when I do it could be causeing the problem! Cause the injectors can't handle it or what? It is just about 1/8 of a tank to empty I am tempted to fill it up and see if that help tommorow morning.

Old 07-12-2008, 10:00 AM
culthuu

My 2000 had the same symptoms. Check the fuel pressure at the fuel rail to see if the fuel pump is going bad.

Old 07-12-2008, 01:02 PM
jmcd

Pushed on the shrader valve on the rail ,, seemed to have pretty good pressure got gas all over . I am going to go get the MAP right now and see what that does.

Old 07-12-2008, 01:12 PM
djmagic
Record Breaker

like izero said don't worry bout the 1684 one. I would say get some decent wires. I was having a misfire issue with my grantinnilli (spelling) and i switched them out to mopar performance wires. Still have a rough idle every now and then but a lot better. So i would reccomend some decent spark plug wires

Quick Reply: New Guy Trying to fix Mother In Laws Neon.