2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Mods Please Read

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2008 | 12:30 AM
Exubus
Champion
Default RE: Mods Please Read

ORIGINAL: mat663

Was it because your motor mounts were in bad condition? I wonder if I should change mines too. I don't really have any experience on them though.
The upper torque mount was beginning to crack, just slightly. I decided to fill it to stiffenit up a bit, or at least supportit a little better. I did the lower as well. I get a bit of "spring" in my shifts from time to time. I also have a small bit of play in my differential that gets on my nerves and exaggerates this problem. I figure any little bit could help.

Old 07-29-2008 | 01:11 AM
KARR
Record Breaker

Man I could just have my cousin and uncle look at mines and tell me whats up with them.

Old 07-29-2008 | 01:28 AM
Exubus
Champion

ORIGINAL: KARR

Man I could just have my cousin and uncle look at mines and tell me whats up with them.
maybe you should quit pullin on it he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he

No seriously, you can check it yourself. Upper torque mount right next to the fill cap for your washer fluid. Lower mount directly underneath the pulleys on the bottom of the car... there is a thin splash-gaurd covering it. Look for cracks/seperations in the rubber that are not supposed to be there. If you see none, you are good to go.

Old 07-29-2008 | 05:08 PM
KARR
Record Breaker

Ok. Yeah I hate how that pulley and belt is so low to the ground. I believe mines are good, but Ill have to check for sure.

Quick Reply: Mods Please Read