2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

new tail lights again lol

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2008 | 01:11 AM
Exubus
Champion
Default RE: new tail lights again lol

Like the tails, very different.

As far as the de-badge... a LIGHT, quick rub of DENATURED alchohol is just one fix for that... do that, then rub it out quick after its dry and buff it up, and youll never know it was there... look at the photos on my thread, wouldnt ever know "Neon" was on the trunk...

Old 07-17-2008 | 01:23 AM
Mat00ES
Captain

I took off my badges, and there are like deep scratches in the paint/clearcoat. I guess thats from them being on there for 8 or so years.

Old 07-17-2008 | 01:26 AM
Exubus
Champion

ORIGINAL: Mat00ES

I took off my badges, and there are like deep scratches in the paint/clearcoat. I guess thats from them being on there for 8 or so years.
Yup probably. But I also get the impression that they press those badges on there before the paint is fully cured. Thats almost got to be the only way that the impressions go as deep as they do... I noticed the same thing on my car. Thats why I used the denatured alcohol... because it melts paint lol.

Old 07-17-2008 | 01:28 AM
Mat00ES
Captain

hmmm, where can I get that stuff? It pisses me off, that when you look at it one way, theres no mark, but at antoher angle you can see the faint traces of the badge.

Old 07-17-2008 | 02:01 AM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

I am going to have to disagree with the majority because I don't like how they look. But #1 nice work taking apart and painting, and #2 its your car so my opinion doesn't matter.

Old 07-17-2008 | 02:09 AM
Adionik
Champion

I think you need red reflectors in the rear

Old 07-17-2008 | 02:15 AM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

I'm pretty sure that is true in all 50 states to be street legal. I think this is kind of like putting red and blue lights on your car.

Old 07-17-2008 | 02:16 AM
j_son600
Veteran

Kinda reminds me of dragonfly eyes....jk. Look's good man, keep up the good work.

Old 07-17-2008 | 02:37 AM
Exubus
Champion

ORIGINAL: Mat00ES

hmmm, where can I get that stuff? It pisses me off, that when you look at it one way, theres no mark, but at antoher angle you can see the faint traces of the badge.
Should be in a gallon or quart metal can at the auto parts store. If not, you can definitely find some at the hardware store. Use it VERY sparingly and lightly though. It evaporates very fast, but it melts paint (which is kind of the point, but this one is a no-brainer I guess). Rub it quick, let it dry. Repeat until the clearcoat clouds up, then rub it out, buff, polish it, done.

As far as the tails, I do agree with LowSlowNeon and the others on this one, nice work but they definitely are not legal. Unfortunately, the same could be said for many of the altezzas and so many others that are sold on Ebay, and even a few in Summit or Jegs catelogs... but the flip-side is, there are so many cars driving around now with projectors, HIDs, altezzas, modded lamps, etc etc that police really dont keep up with that stuff... its hard for them to follow the letter of the law when even the OEM tails on some new cars now look like Christmas trees. In your case however, you may stick out a little bit more to cops, simply because yours are completely crystalled clear/white in appearance, with no visible colored lens or bulb... just warning ya you might stick out like a sore thumb with those.

Old 07-17-2008 | 03:58 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper

I think it looks kinda cool, but I like the blacked out look a lil better.

Quick Reply: new tail lights again lol