2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Fuse Problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2005, 04:05 AM
01NeonR/T
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuse Problem

Hey everyone, I recently underwent some lighting changes to the minor bulbs on my 01 Neon. Well, while replacing the front turn signals, I blew a fuse. Or so I thought. I actually ended up blowing two 15-amp fuses for the hazard lights and the interior instrument lights (exterior as well). I went to the local autoparts store, replaced the fuses.. and viola. They worked.... now my only OTHEr problem is my keyless entry no longer works, nor do my power windows. Studying the fuse panel diagram it looks like I also probably blew a big metal 30-amp fuse that looks dealer specific. Any suggestions? Anyone know how much one of these would cost? Would I have to reprogram my keyless entry remote or something? I hate electronics............

Speaking of electronics, my computer is down.... If anyone has any SPARE big metal 30A fuses let me know!

Old 01-30-2005, 09:58 PM
ewetho
All Star
Default RE: Fuse Problem

Most of the fuses are available at auto parts stores. Maybe not on the rack in an isle but ask and you will probably recieve or go to a better auto parts stores. Almost all fuses are now standard fare items. So just pull it walk in and ask for one.

Old 01-31-2005, 02:17 AM
casper
Legend

I don't wanna even know how you managed to blow all those fuses changing light bulbs, but, Autozone or any other parts store should carry them.

Old 02-01-2005, 03:40 AM
01NeonR/T
Rookie

Ok did some more checking earlier today, and I figured out that P/Wdo stands for Power windiow (because they inexplicably started workign again after toggling the switches for awhile), but any kind of fuse for Power door locks remains to be found. I did find a 20A fuse for a keyless entry relay, but it was still good. Looking in the last generation Neon repair manual, I found that the power door lock module runs pretty much on solenoids and if I blew one of them, then I'm screwed. So just to refresh, my power door locks, keyless entry, power trunk release all do not work, as well as the factory alarm. I'm probably going into the dealer on Wednesday morning. I blew that many fuses installing all LED lighting for most of the bulbs on the car. I'm trying to get my computer to work again so I can take and post pictures. Looks pretty bitchin.

Old 02-01-2005, 05:02 AM
nippondrifterae111
Professional

take a credit card and spilt the key less button open then clean it by blowing out the dust and put back together i had this problem so i just cleaned the inside and it worked once again

Old 02-01-2005, 12:17 PM
casper
Legend

Sounds like you blew a fuse to the alarm/keyless enrty. If it was working before you played with the lights and now it isn't chances are that its not a remote battery. I would go for the alarm 1st.

Old 02-07-2005, 07:54 AM
01NeonR/T
Rookie

Went to the dealer and paid for a nice 86 dollar car wash :-P. They asked to shell out 600 dollars to replace the instrument cluster because "the scanner could not communicate with the cluster". 200 to "test" the old cluster, and 400 to buy and install a new one. My R/T cluster is the one with the 140mph speedo, so I don't think I can easily find a cheap replacement. I guess I'm going to have to find an electrician who can bench test the connections on the cluster and I bet he'll find a burned solenoid or something that hooks into the keyless entry/alarm/power door locks. Anyhow, I'm open to other suggestions.

(I finally have my computer working again :-D. One computer problem down, one to go...)

Old 02-07-2005, 07:56 AM
01NeonR/T
Rookie

O yeah, it isn't the keyless entry remote. Like I said (I think), the power door locks are dead too. And how do I get at the alarm exactly. I don't have the benefit of a in-depth manual for the time being.

Old 02-07-2005, 01:41 PM
GroundControl
Veteran

Did u change every fuse that was blown? I made a mistake at putting the led bulbs in and blew a few fuses. My lights and everything didnt work. i brought it over to autozone and the guy checked every fuze. i changed about 4 of them for about 5 bucks and it was fine.

Quick Reply: Fuse Problem