2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

2000 dodge neon Question?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 03:52 AM
jbn7474
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 dodge neon Question?

I have a 2000 dodge neon ATX. Just did a complete tune up at 174k(Belts,serpantine bracket tensioner+timing belt one, water pump, front cam seal, altenator, fuel pump, 4 struts, tie rod ends, tranny mount. Car runs like a champ still and have kept up on all maintenance. I also recently installed a modded valve body on the tranny which gives it firmer and better shifts. I also put in a cold air intake, and a high flow muffler from magnaflow. I notice a decent difference already. Was wondering if I can or cannot install a performance pcm, or is it not worth it? Was also wondering if there are any other not too expensive mods I could do that could make it a little more peppy. I am pleased so far with my results, but just would like a little more zing. Thanks for all replys

Old 08-19-2008, 05:46 AM
Adionik
Champion

It is typically not worth it to install an aftermarket PCM, and those available are crap at best.

I would suggest some motor mount inserts. They are cheap and the performance can't be beat for the price. You might also want a transmission mount insert for the tranny.

Deffinetely pick up some Lower Control Arm Bushings ($35)

K&N filter to go on the end of that CAI will make a difference. Not a huge outrageous ones like adding 10mpg, but I switched my Ebay one to a K&N and it made a noticeable difference

Oh and some decals. Easy 10+ HP

Old 09-25-2011, 12:42 AM
johnericaguilar
Default 2000 dodge neon

my wifes neon just died. was working fine recently added msd ignition coil, wires, and nu plugs. cps as well new injectors. (not cheap lol) and now the stupid car wont start. i disconeted the main fuel line that goes into the fuel rail and everytime that i crank or turn the key foward im no gettin any fuel coming out. i switched around relays and still nothing. is it hard to change out the fuel pump and do i have to drop the gas tank??? please some one save me from this headache. i tried selling the car but my wife is attatched to it.. lol johnericaguilar@yahoo.com

Quick Reply: 2000 dodge neon Question?