2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Anyone ever had this problem?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 01:42 AM
OhNo2.0
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone ever had this problem?

I bought a B-2 Bodykit for my neon the front bumper fits fine, but the sides were too damn short. I mean I hear all people need to do is maybe sand a little and do some filling to make it fit but I pretty much had to cut chunks out of the corners where the doors go just so it wouldn't hit. I ended up slaving my whole weekend away just bondoing glazing and sanding so now the damn skirts are pretty much permanent(With about 20 hidden screws on each side).

Is this a normal thing or did I go too far? I'm going to have nightmares about cracks.

http://www.extremedimensions.com/8647.html

Old 10-20-2008, 02:08 AM
pasgaines
Professional

my kit took the body man many hours to get it to fit right and then he said there was noway he will put the side skirts on they didn't even come close to fitting,so this winter i guess i will try to see if i can do it myself,first time for everything right. cost me 1100$ to pay bodyman that was paint too,glad to hear its not just my body kit.

Old 10-20-2008, 02:10 AM
OhNo2.0
Professional

Maybe I should just drive it till it cracks again (already did, but I reinforced it better this time) and make a seam where it can flex if I hit another speed bump haha. I have the middle/bottom seamless but that didn't crack, only where the front fender meets the kit is where it cracked. Maybe A seam there and on the back too maybe...but it looks so nice seamless. I'm in a pickle, I don't want to paint it then have cracks in my new paint!

Old 10-20-2008, 08:20 PM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I will say though, that body kit is pretty dang good looking!! Most I've seen for the Neon look like junk IMO...

Old 10-21-2008, 01:18 AM
OhNo2.0
Professional

I'll post some pictures after work tommorow. The kit just needs a little more bodywork and yeah. The bumpers are still black and looks kinda akward right now but I hope that changes with new paint. It's a 00 neon and I swapped to 03/05 tails/headlights(I have one 03 RT black headlight and one 05 silver lmao, like it has a black eye). Looks pretty damn good though imo.

Old 10-21-2008, 09:37 AM
KARR
Record Breaker

LOL ^^^. Nice looking body kit. I thought that was pics of your car at first. (joking) I cant wait to see pics. I didnt think those body kits were that difficult to install.

Old 10-21-2008, 11:30 AM
mannyfresh18
Veteran

Originally Posted by pasgaines
my kit took the body man many hours to get it to fit right and then he said there was noway he will put the side skirts on they didn't even come close to fitting,so this winter i guess i will try to see if i can do it myself,first time for everything right. cost me 1100$ to pay bodyman that was paint too,glad to hear its not just my body kit.
all i have to say is DAAMM if you payed that much to get ur kit installed and painted.but its cool. you could of done it urself.i mean first time for everything.

Quick Reply: Anyone ever had this problem?