2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

"Door" Indicator problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2008, 11:10 PM
ericgzhc4t
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Door" Indicator problem

On my 2000 Neon as soon as turn the ignition on or turn on the car on my Guage cluster on top of the figital odometer says "Door" like if the door is open. I know that on my model the car has 4 black "push" style switches that are NOT on the door but on the body of the car close to the door jams, one for each door so when the door closes it will push the switch until it's "closed" there fore cutting the power off which makes the dome light turn off. On my car I had to take the dome light of because even with all 4 doors shut it still stays on. My question is is there any other electrical circuit or switch on this car that makes the dome light come on and off. I know my friends 2005 SXT doesn't have the switches like mine I'm assuming there built into the locking or latching mechanism in the door shell itself. After the car turns on about 5-10seconds after it's on the "Fuse" indicator starts to go on and off for about 3 times with the chime as well. I 've checked all the fuses with the ones in the engine bay area, plus tested them and they're all good. Don't understand why that comes up..

Thanks for the help...

Old 11-28-2008, 10:57 PM
Dorin_82
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the switch for the dome light on my 01, and later models is on the turn signal switch, with the dimmer for the cluster lights.
i also get once in a while the FUSE code, and i have no ideea why, cause mine doesen't have any problems, everything works NEON fine.

Quick Reply: "Door" Indicator problem