2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

2003 dodge neon r/t performance part help

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 01:47 PM
tooslow
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cogs1212
--also modernperformance has a 2.4 swap... it comes with all the parts from a srt-4...the only thing i would need to do i bore out the cylinders... please check it out...www.modernperformance.com under srt-4...

thanks for the responses
those parts will not fit your motor.
If you want more power turn up the boost. I ran 14 pounds on stock motor for about 3 months before I snapped a rod.

Old 12-04-2008, 04:53 PM
dtjackten
2nd gen neon peace keeper

i was thinking he could go MAYBE 12 and be ok.... i would not want to blow the motor up, but that is just me.... i also had a 1500 dollar investment in my head when i went boost, stock block i really would not care if it went boom.....

as for the 2.4 swap u HAVE to change the engine to a 2.4... i thought the same thing u did until i had a performance shop say it was possible, then a race shop tell me it wasnt, along with people on this forum..... in all honesty u prolly will not notice a huge difference even if u jump the boost to 12 psi, same with the intake and throttle body.... they r just good add ons if u ask me....

Old 12-05-2008, 02:01 PM
tooslow
Veteran

For a boosted car is better too built the motor and then up the boost and when you hit the max boost the turbo can get too and you still want more power then start with the add on's like t/b's and intake manifolds.

Old 12-05-2008, 02:24 PM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Just adding for cogs1212 (Post #8)- I have a Diablosport Predator Tuner for my Mustang and I have it on the performance tune. I must run a minimum octane of 91 and it advances the timing which is how some HP is given through the hand held tuner. So yes, timing can add power, safely, to a degree... Just some food for thought.

Quick Reply: 2003 dodge neon r/t performance part help