2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Fuel Injector Cleaning...Now Hard Starts??

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 07:01 PM
pcman
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered a new ignition coil yesterday. I read about it being a possibility and I followed the test procedure in the Hayes manual and the I did not get the recommended reading for the primary coils. Hope this fixes it. Also reguarding the injectors I tested them as well and all the ohms were like 12.3 to 12.4, and the Hayes manual said 12 so I believe all the injectors are fine, plus I really did not want to spend like $50+ per injector because the injector man told me that a injector rarely ever fails mechanically, it just get clogged up. Any additional ideas?

thanks.

Old 01-29-2009, 09:55 PM
pcman
Amateur

Well I installed the coil and the car is still hard to start at times. Here is a run down on it after sitting approx 4 hrs it starts first time after leaving the ignition in the on position for a few seconds. After sitting 45 min it is hard to start, so I cycle the key a few times to attempt to "prime" the system, and I have to push the gas pedal a little else it would have idled rough and the died. After sitting another 45 min it is hard to start, first I try to cycle the key once, no luck so I do it an additional 2 times and it starts but idles a little rough the smooths out. Drove for about 5 min turn off. Immediately I restart it and it starts first try no problems. I go back out in 10 min, turn to start right away and it starts up first try and idles a little low. With all of that said what would you suggest I look into next? It is really starting to get annoying people looking at me like the car is a pos, when it still looks brand new!

Thanks

Old 01-29-2009, 10:49 PM
Kath
Rookie

That's quite a bizarre assortment of starting issues.
I'd skip the psychiatrists and contact Father Merrin right off.

Seriously though, i have no idea. I suspect its something to do with your fuel system and not the coil though, since if the coil was going bad it would be a tremendous coincidence that it would start having problems right when you worked on the fuel injectors.

Old 01-29-2009, 11:44 PM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Have you pulled any codes?

Obscure thread tags too just looking at them...

Old 01-30-2009, 11:46 PM
Dorin_82
Professional

i'm sure a mechanic will find a way to test the fuel system pressure if u don't have the valve. do that before u spend any more money on stuff that's good on your car.

Old 02-02-2009, 09:30 PM
pcman
Amateur

Yes, on the codes... there were none stored in the computer.

Quick Reply: Fuel Injector Cleaning...Now Hard Starts??