Transmission Problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 05:02 PM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Everything seems to be working fine except this:
In neutral, the car goes backwards a bit like it is almost engaging in reverse. In drive, it seems like 1st gear is dragging. I stopped the car at the top of a steep hill, put it in drive and let go of the brakes and it hardly moved down the hill. Seems to be fine out of first gear though.

Any thoughts? I have no ideas on what would cause this.

Old 02-10-2009, 11:12 PM
mcfisher1980
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

as far as i am aware, the torque converter should be easy to spin. did you have it checked before you put it in. i know most tranny shops will do this. so how goes the everything so far?

Old 02-10-2009, 11:51 PM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It spun freely the second time around. Didn't have it checked.

It seems to hold the gears a bit longer before shifting, which is actually kind of nice up here in the mountains. It's keeping it from up-shifting when going up a hill and bogging it out. Neutral is neutral again now. First gear still kind of needs some ooomph to get it going, but I'm wondering if the alignment has anything to do with it. I'm thinking the toe settings may be off so the tires would be dragging at low/no acceleration. Still need to get an alignment and get back under there and recheck torque on everything, especially the LCA bolts. Been sick as hell since Thursday so haven't done anything really, lol.

Quick Reply: Transmission Problem