2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

What should I do?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 08:06 PM
djmagic
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would say with your situation go to a junkyard. Normally it will be about 100 to fix. Any "wheel repair shop" can do it. This does not include discount tire. Just look in the phone book and call around. I would still say a junkyard with your style wheel is the best bet.

Old 02-05-2009, 01:07 AM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by djmagic
I would say with your situation go to a junkyard. Normally it will be about 100 to fix. Any "wheel repair shop" can do it. This does not include discount tire. Just look in the phone book and call around. I would still say a junkyard with your style wheel is the best bet.
Well thanks everyone for the suggestions, I appreciate it. For the time being I'm going to just leave it be for now and keep a close eye on it. I don't feel that it is really as bad as they claim. I think they were just trying hard to get a sale. So I'm gonna watch closely and if it loses pressure again I'll probably take it someplace else and see what they say. Only then if they say the same will I look into new wheels. Probably either some steelies or stock neon wheels. I'm going to try to get by til I can get my summer wheels back on so I have more time should I really need to get replacement rims.

Old 02-05-2009, 01:36 AM
contagious19
Champion

i was about to tell u to just keep an eye on it, dats wat im doin right now on my rims on tire is just leaking, im about to rock my stock steelies

Old 02-05-2009, 08:44 AM
mjs182004
Veteran

Originally Posted by dtjackten
Well a good shop would of tryed to take a wizer wheel and try to get the corrosion off of the wheel, and then remount the wheel.... this accually happens to allumium when it starts to pit, sometimes the bead will not seal tightly.... i would try this method before i worry about buy new wheels...
I use to work at a NTB, and we had to do this all the time for chrome and aluminum wheels. I would go to a different shop and ask them if they can do this to your wheels, and them goop the crap out of them with bead sealer.