2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

new to fixin up cars

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2005, 05:06 AM
blahblah_9
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new to fixin up cars

i have a couple of questions, never really cared about fixin up cars or such, its kinda weird really, i had a truck and traded it for a neon sxt, well to my shock my insurance went way up, and i was like WHAT?? so the lady told me that i had bought a sports car, so to my shock i started looking on the internet and yip i guess they are sports cars LOL so i'm not worried about engine power or nothing, but i was wondering if i wanna make it have a deeper nice sound, do i buy different muffler tips to be put on it? or what do i need to do? one guy at work said that they take the muffler off?? so i need help on the right way to do it. and also how do you take the taillights off, one of them has a moisture problem which the dealer said they would fix, but i was kinda interested in buying some of the cooler looking taillights i have found on the internet for neons

oh yea one more thing LOL the neon lights that go under the car, how hard are they to mount ???

i guess if the insurance place is gonna make me pay for a sports car, it might as well look like one

Old 02-27-2005, 06:30 AM
lblackneon
Champion
Default RE: new to fixin up cars

Sports car? Please[:'(]

If u want to IMPROVE the sound of your car, your solution shouldn't be to take off the muffler. Your car will just get loud and it wont sound healthy or agressive. If u want to improve the sound of your car, u can change/upgrade your muffler or get a cat-back system also an upgraded header. Of course the more mods u put on your car the more it will alter the sound.

As far as the taillights I'm not looking at my car right now. From what I can remember the screws for the lights are in the trunk of the car right by the lights. I don't know if it makes a difference but my car is a 2nd Gen Neon. I took my headlights off when I was messing around while changing my bulbs.

Old 02-27-2005, 06:32 AM
lblackneon
Champion

By the way; welcome to the forum.

Old 02-27-2005, 12:45 PM
blahblah_9

okay thanks for replying, if i buy a new muffler to put on it, what kind should i get? like a flowmaster?

Old 02-27-2005, 01:56 PM
GroundControl
Veteran

Check out www.modernperformance.com they have mufflers and cat back exhausts. If your just getting a muffler i prefer magnaflow but if your getting a catback Its up to you. I suggest not driving w/o a muffler lol.

Old 02-27-2005, 03:51 PM
casper
Legend

There are quite a few systems out there. I suggest either the pacesetter or Borla cat-back, they are easy to put on and fit great. The taillights are held on by 4 screws inside the trunk, you should just have to look behind the carpet to find them. This is anothere very easy mod. The neon lights are a little trickier, but still not bad. You are going to need some electrical knowledge and have to drill into the car to mount the lights.

Old 02-27-2005, 08:20 PM
blahblah_9

okay one more thing, and maybe that will hold me over for a while LOL, okay i was at advance auto parts today and saw they have shifter *****, how do i got about taking mine off? and the foot pedals you can buy, do they fasten over the factory ones? or do you have to take the factory off?

Old 02-28-2005, 01:00 AM
lonasindi
Veteran

*edit*
I'm a noob
*edit*

Old 02-28-2005, 04:02 AM
AirWolf

For a auto you dont just placed my racing glow pedals over the factory ones in both of my neons. For exhaust go with what you want big muffler or dual exhaust just have fun whats your sxt like what year what color .

Old 02-28-2005, 05:43 AM
casper
Legend

the pedals go right over the stocks.

Quick Reply: new to fixin up cars