2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

honda for neon?????

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 10:10 PM
Ghost Neon 2
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by smallblockfreak
Who would be that retarded. Seriously? A 2.4 would whoop the **** out of the k20 and by the way so would a built 2.0. Do you know nothing of our motors. They are very small changes from the 4g63 yeah you know the motor in EVO's. You know the cars that can have 1100 awhp. Our motor is the 420a but it's not a big difference. Eclipses, talons, stratus, breeze, bunch of cars have the same motor. So take your k20 and stick it up your A**. LMFAO sorry i kinda ranted.
Let me help with this information. The 420A is the engine code for the dohc 2.0 that came in the avenger, sebring, n/a eclipse/talon, but never a neon. The 420A has the intake manifold nearest the firewall.

Notice the location of the cam gears. And also notice you will never find a stock dohc neon with the cam gears on the right side. the 2.0L SOHC magnum = ECH , DOHC 2.0L = ECC , and SOHC 2L: ECB.

Now that that has been addressed, let's look at the bone stock numbers from the 2.0L compared to a K2, shall we:

K20 : http://automobiles.honda.com/civic-s...fications.aspx

2.0L : 140 bhp @ 6000
130 lb-ft @ 4800 rpm
104 kW @ 6000
178 N-m @ 4800 rpm

2.4L : Power @ rpm -- 150* bhp (104 kW) @ 5200
Torque @ rpm -- 160 lb-ft (217 kW) @ 4000
Displacement --148.2 in(cubed)(2429 cm (cubed))
Bore -- 3.44 (87.5)
Stroke -- 3.98 (101)
Bore-to-stroke ratio -- 0.87
Block length -- 16.43 (417.3)
Block height -- 9.36 (237.8)
Rod length -- 5.94 (151)
Connecting rod L/R -- 2.99
Compression ratio -- 9.4:1

Stock for stock, you need to open your eyes. That "crappy" honda is leaps and bounds ahead of you. You are playing catch-up long before the race even started. Honda makes a better car. Period. Keep in mind we are talking about n/a builds, so no srt comments,as that has forced induction. The ONLY downfall for the K20 is the price tag. With bolt ons it would make at least 100hp more over a neon. Hello 12's - 11's. Saw this addressed on org a few months ago. Just want to shed some light on the automotive world, for those clinging to the neon like it wasa false idol. I have owned 1 honda (87 crx si) and three neons. So save the fanboi talk. When it comes to comparing engine the numbers do not lie. You will have to throw a butt load of mods into a 2.4 to be competitive to a built K20. Bottom line. This is again from an n/a perspective.

Old 03-27-2009, 03:23 AM
smallblockfreak
All Star

If you love your gay hondas so freakin much sell your neon you piece of crap. Oh and it is still a 420a all they did was turn the engine around and put SOHC head on some. They are the same exact blocks. I could also give a crap about the org bunch of idiots on there. Well you go ahead and get your piece of crap honda's and us neons will keep whooping your ***. HONDA=Fail

Old 03-27-2009, 07:51 AM
N3ON
Captain

Originally Posted by Ghost Neon 2
With bolt ons it would make at least 100hp more over a neon. Hello 12's - 11's.
THIS aint the org f*** its DF.oh dam is that it.so with bolt ons it would only make 100 more hp???lol and that 100 hp would throw it into 11's-12's.LOL gtfo dude you have no idea what your saying.i would hope bolt ons would add more then 100 to the pos hondas unless they just suck that bad.and why wouldn't you talk about an srt cause it is a neon.I was saying that STOCK hondas are s***.thats why everyone changes the engine cause they suck a**.lol.at least there aren't alot of neon people getting engine swaps like the ricer boys.i can hear em now...

from a civic forum-first thing i clicked on
It's an automatic. I want to completely modify the body and interior...but first I want to pimp out my engine. I want it to look cool and run amazing. I've had an engine rebuild in this thing already and now it's running horribly. I'm willing to replace the entire engine, transmission, everything. Like I said, I want it to look like a tuner and run like one. Can anyone recommend what I should buy to put into this thing. (I'd like the engine to be green and chrome if possible). BTW, I have very limited mechanical knowledge.

i like how he rebuilt his engine and its running worse.LOL.and how exactly do you run like a tuner???take a coffe can(a corn can will be fine) and just hum in it.and hes willing to replace the engine when hes had an engine rebuild.see even though these kids on here no nothing about cars they still try to be ricers.this is why i gave up on all hondas.kids rice em out,theres a million of em,they sound like s***,and you have to change the engine for them to be anything.F*** HONDA

HONDA=FAIL

Last edited by N3ON; 03-27-2009 at 08:46 AM.
Old 03-27-2009, 10:29 AM
dtjackten
2nd gen neon peace keeper

The 420a is a eclipse engine, but the bottom end is IDENTICAL!!!! head is not, head is different. u can swap a eclipse bottom end to a neon and visa versa.... hondas r not bad cars i do not think, they r realiable and durable.... but he is not going dollar for dollar either... k20 is an expensive engine, to get ur hands on.... the price is crazy.....dollar for dollar u are accually in an srt.... and there is no contest there odviously.... 12s and 11s??? anything can do that if enough money is invested.... lol, i will show u with my 2.0.... next year.... LOL

Old 03-28-2009, 01:36 PM
Ghost Neon 2
Record Breaker

Do not try to go back on your words smallblockfreak. Just because I corrected doesn't equal an insult. Terminology in the automotive world is critical. Relax.

Sure is a lot of attitude with some of you. Just at that point where you wanna think your car is the best thing on earth, and that is fine. That has nothing to do with my point. Stock for stock, there is no comparison in performance.

A neon is cheaper, and the honda is more expensive with the same size engine making another 50hp bone stock. Zero mods. Nothing be get upset about. Numbers do not lie.

dtjackten, the 420 did not just come in just the eclipse. I have used many parts from 420A in past neon builds. Just wanted to inform that this is not a neon engine. Well aware of the similarities. Well aware of the hefty price tag on a K20. Yikes. Personally, Rather a custom 6speed for my 2.4L would be more appealing. Hey N3ON, when did I say this was org? Oh. I did not. Well, someone has to state the obvious. Good work

Those pics are not even admisable. Tell me you have never scene pics of a riced out neon. pft.

I am not saying a neon cannot be made faster, but the old sohc vs dohc debates, the 1G neon dohc starts with less. It is also 8 yrs older. Some hondas sound crappy, and some saound good. Same with neon, and every other car on the road. Take this vid for example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRUAC...om=PL&index=48

That hatch sounds horrible, but this also is not a sound contest. Is the str10 stock? Most likely. Is the hatch stock? Of course not. That is why I am addressing the swap from a stock to stock perspective. There is a clip of a hatch with an srt swap somewhere.

There are a considerably large amount of aftermarket mods on my shelf waiting for a neon to nest in. The last 2.0L was failry competitve with boosted 4cyl and some V8's. My 2.4L will be more so. There is some ill feeling to the comment of me selling my parts and going honda. You have no idea how long it took to get all this parts. Just the same, this neon will experience some losses. That is the fun of it!

Just in case you have'nt scene one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1-OF-...1%7C240%3A1318

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3170536

Last edited by Ghost Neon 2; 03-28-2009 at 01:54 PM.
Old 03-30-2009, 10:50 AM
dtjackten

That video is what is it is all about..... taking a honda, neon, geo metro, i dont care what it is and beeting some one with a 60k + car...... srt10 truck though... i would of been more impressed if it was a real viper.... LMFAO...

btw, i was just saying an eclipse for an example.. lol

Old 03-30-2009, 11:54 PM
Ghost Neon 2
Record Breaker

I was just adding to that is all :P Call me crazy, but I think keeping close pace with a more expensive car is better than beating them. Seeing the look on their face at that moment is too priceless to miss.

What are you building this time?

Old 03-31-2009, 09:35 AM
dtjackten

Originally Posted by Ghost Neon 2
I was just adding to that is all :P Call me crazy, but I think keeping close pace with a more expensive car is better than beating them. Seeing the look on their face at that moment is too priceless to miss.

What are you building this time?

I would much rather kick its ***...... the mustang and camero guys are more fun to beat though..... they all think they r bad *** because they have a stang or camero... granted some mustangs and cameros are sick... but the ones around my town are tools driving them, and think they r the best thing since sliced bread.....

also u talking to me about building something?????

if so just my neon right now, after next winter i am going to be looking for an older car to build, maybe a 71 monty if it is still for sale, if not, i know where there is a olds cutlass convertable i can get my hands on also.... or an evo.... LOL...... i am thinking resto mod would be a sick new project however.......

Old 03-31-2009, 11:53 AM
rsalgado29

compare how heavy the srt10 is with the hatch and than put the same hatch with stock engine to race ill let you keep your intake and fart can. see if it still works lol.

Old 03-31-2009, 04:21 PM
Ghost Neon 2
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by rsalgado29
compare how heavy the srt10 is with the hatch and than put the same hatch with stock engine to race ill let you keep your intake and fart can. see if it still works lol.
It is not just the weight. Take the stock output of each engine, and the design. The srt10 can run high 12's with good driving. So that is at least a low 13 sec hatch. To take this a few posts back, the k20 in that hatch could produce 11 sec time slips with bolts on and tune. Very streetable, fast and expensive. But how expensive is it really: $1k for hatch, $10K for engine and trans, $600 in bolt ons, $250 in tuning. The numbers are pretty made up, but that is a 12-11 sec n/s four banger for about $12k. Compare that to the cost of the evo, sti, srt, cobalt ss and tell me that is not a better bang for the buck build.

dtjackten: I was was asking ya about the next car. I really need another hobby.

Quick Reply: honda for neon?????