2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Engine Swap.

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 08:45 PM
T700_MECH
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine Swap.

Is it possible to swap a 2.0 DOHC eclipse engine into a neon? I think its a 96 eclipse into an 2004 neon.

Old 04-06-2009, 10:06 PM
spikeymikey87
Record Breaker

you can swap anything into anything, my question is why would you want to? no, it will not bolt right up. an srt motor will however, so i would go that route if you want to swap an engine

Old 04-07-2009, 08:03 AM
dtjackten
2nd gen neon peace keeper

there is a guy on the first gen side to do it... it is a ton of work, i would do what spikey said, and just do an srt swap...

Old 04-07-2009, 09:40 AM
mannyfresh18
Veteran

3rd time i know but. srt-4 swap way flipping easier.especially since its an 04 neon. but if all u have is a plain stock looking neon with no mods on it then just go ahead and trade it for a srt-4.

Old 04-07-2009, 11:19 AM
T700_MECH

Well I have an MPX underdrive pulley, Cold air intake, 18 inch kyowa rims with sumitomo 215/35ZR18 tires, tokico struts with eibach springs, rear disk brake conversion and a small sound system. car is almost paid off. this is my first car and if anyone is wondering wow your 27 and this is my first car is because i grew up overseas and then went directly into the marines and got stationed back in japan with no drivers license. Ive thought about trading the car in but i really dont want to start payments all over again and yes i do want a faster car and everone here in my town is either running a V8 or a freaking honda. I have a garrett turbo that was given to me for free thats practicaly brand new with no shaft play. So what do you guys thing i should do. trade it in or keep it?

Old 04-07-2009, 12:17 PM
dtjackten
2nd gen neon peace keeper

if it is almost paid off i would keep it... u could always get a small personal loan to build the car up.... or just save ur money... that is prolly what i would do... i would go with an srt swap or turbo ur stock engine.. but that is also expesive to do... srt would be ur best bet... just watch out for inspection laws with an engine swap.... that is the huge reason i stuck with the 2.0 for my car... but if u have a state that is flexible with inspection swap it.... cheaper in the long run i am sure... LOL

Old 04-07-2009, 01:44 PM
spikeymikey87
Record Breaker

honestly if youre still not done paying it off, i would focus more on that and def not get a loan to do more work on it. with the economy being what it is, unless you have the extra money to spend on the car, its really not worth spending money on it. sure its fun to have a quick car but some times you just have to set priorities. annd if you still want to do stuff, trust me, in the long run, its a lot cheaper to do an srt swap than to turbo your car and get all teh accessories and stuff. sell the garret, unless its a good upgrade for the srt and same up money for the swap

Old 04-07-2009, 03:19 PM
mannyfresh18
Veteran

hmm well on that note. yeah finish paying it off then focus on your engine. but when u get to hinking about the engine just try a srt-4 swap man. youll get more outta a srt-4 engine than the other one.

Old 05-04-2009, 12:11 AM
T700_MECH

Well thanx for everyones input. unfortunately (or maybe fortunate) couple weeks ago i went down to houston to watch Amon Amarth in concert and went to modernperformance and picked up some new headlights but on the way back to my moms house i got stuck in a flash flood and my car got ruined. water was up to the back seats and my trunk was under but amazingly stayed completely dry. my insurance company wrote it off for just 5700 dollars and the bad thing is i cant get my rims and my subs amp and head deck in my car. it sucks cause i put alot of money in that car but at the same time its a blessing since i can get a cheap car and pay it off right away. i saw a couple of cars i liked. one was a 98 black eclipse 5 speed for 1800 but i have to fix the suspension and the other was a 2003 blue srt for 2800 but is in a totally different state. but o well. maybe ill go JDM or maybe euro this time. but once again thanx for all your help.

Old 05-04-2009, 12:53 AM
Captansavaho
Captain

if you can find a srt4 for 2800 take it that is one hella of a deal!

Quick Reply: Engine Swap.