2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Mccc video inside

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 04:54 PM
srtgtr34
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mccc video inside

I did the mopar combustion chamber cleaner a little while ago and it was cool. It smelt like something burning on the bbq but it was hella fun....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnMmKNTcn8o

After the vid I drove around doing short bursts to 5k then letting the revs go back down to 3200 then back up again to 5k, The smoke stopped shortly after the video. Eventhough I didn't change the spark plugs yet, the car feels a little peppier (if thats a word). An hour after I parked the car I took it out for a drive, The throttle response is awesome now. For 8.86 dollars this was well worth it.

Old 04-14-2009, 01:15 AM
contagious19
Champion

its just like seafoam right it goes to da vacuum line by the break booster

Old 04-14-2009, 03:43 PM
srtgtr34
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by contagious19
its just like seafoam right it goes to da vacuum line by the break booster
No, a aerosal can. You spray it in the throttle body and try to keep the motor running.

Just a follow up:

I changed the oil this mourning with RP and put some new Ngk's in. The car started right up, no hesitation what so ever. The idle is now much smoother and quieter, from 10ft away you can't even tell the car is running until the fan kicks in. The exhaust now pops when downshifting, never noticed that before.

The Mccc even showed me I have to change my exhaust manifolds gasket, because of the smoke coming out.

I noticed when doing my oil that the tranny is leaking.... < not good!

Old 04-15-2009, 01:26 AM
contagious19
Champion

oh so u spray it in the throttle body and keep the throttle open all the time?

Old 04-15-2009, 09:56 AM
N3ON
Captain

just like seafoam.its so fun doing that.when me and my buddies drove around we had a good ten blocks of smoke.so i got stopped at a red light and foot braked w/throttle and smoked this guy out behind me in a van.LOL man that stuff stunk so bad so i know he was pi**ed.it helps your car out alot so i use it every 2-3 months

Old 08-05-2009, 02:08 PM
add|ct
Rookie

Its actually better for you if you drive around with it in there instead of just revving. The best method I've heard of is to let it suck all of the foam into the intake and as soon as the can is empty to kill the engine. Let it soak 30 minutes to an hour, then start it up and drive like crazy. If you're worried about smoking people go to a remote area, you can do the entire procedure from the side of the road.

My Stratus needs at least one new plug anyway(the connector is bent and the boot keeps coming off) so since its only 4 spark plugs I'll probably do the MCCC and then replace the plugs/change my oil within 100 miles of doing this treatment. At least check the other 3 plugs to see if they kill over with this treatment.

By the way, letting it soak in is the best way to ensure the foam gets trapped into all cylinders and is better than the SeaFoam treatment, as well as fail-safe for your engine. The SeaFoam treatment through the vac line at the break booster floods the back 2 cylinders and IF you get it to stall will only somewhat fill the other 2, perhaps only getting 3 with any noticable amount of treatment. This foam treatment with MCCC, especially since its backed by our manufacturer, won't risk bending a rod or damaging the car, mainly older/high mileage cars are at risk, when you try to stall it like the seafoam treatment calls for. Even if it doesn't do 'damage', it can throw things out of whack and for the extra work with clearing codes and not getting as good of a clean, heck...why not just get this stuff that does a better job for the same price? I'm going down to my dodge dealership today! lol

Last edited by add|ct; 08-05-2009 at 02:11 PM.
Old 08-05-2009, 05:04 PM
Tman52
Professional

Where did you get this stuff.. I want to do it and be an *** to my friends by smoking them out. haha

Old 08-06-2009, 12:59 AM
add|ct
Rookie

Get it at your nearest Dodge/Chrysler dealership. Part number = 04318001AB

It shouldn't be that expensive for a can. Use the port at the PCV hose and use a hose to attach to the can that fits both while the car is idling and spray the can in until the can is empty, cut the engine and let soak for 30 minutes. Remember to do it once you are at FULL operating temp. Start it up. Give some medium revs to get the stuff 'flowing' for a few minutes. Then take it on the road gently to get some real load going and once you get a clearing punch it WOT a few times. I'm doing mine before an oil change though.

Quick Reply: Mccc video inside