2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

opps

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2005, 09:28 PM
neonrt01
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default opps

I have a big problem. I have a 2001 neon r/t or should i say had! I was going to work last thursday and blew the motor up. Still not for sure what happened but when i popped the hood and cylinder number one spark plug was sitting on top the head i knew it wa not good. It blew the spark plug sleave clear out. I took the intake and my header off that i just installed about 3 months ago. I am just waiting until i find a new motor so i can just swap motors then remove the head on the old one. My conculsion is that i dropped one of the exhaust valves and then the piston slamed it up and shoved the spark plug out. So the main reason why i am writing this is to see if anyone can tell me if a mitsubishi eclipse motor will fit since that is basically what neons are is a mitsubishi motor. I am looking down that road for because i can not find a r/t motor and i found six eclipse motors and one turbo. I really don't want to put a regular neon motor in it. any help is better than none.
thanks
josh

Old 03-08-2005, 09:50 PM
casper
Legend
Default RE: opps

That sux. The mitsubishi motor is the same, but the head is reversed, the exhuast is on the front and intake on the back. I think if you change the head you would be fine.

Old 03-08-2005, 10:11 PM
neonrt01

switch the head on the eclipse motor? and would i be able to use my original intake and header or are the bolt pattern different

Old 03-08-2005, 10:18 PM
casper
Legend

I am not 100% sure, but you will need the head, intake and exhuast manifolds from your neon. The only thing thats the same is the block and I believe the pistons, crank and such. Again I am not 100% sure anout the internals, but the top end will bolt on.

Quick Reply: opps