2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

help me please

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 08:47 AM
pyrochin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

about 2 weeks ago my car started then shut off before i put it in drive and hasnt started since so i changed plugs wire ignition coil redid the timing belt which was done in november crank sensor cam sensor still no luck also did throttle body and pcm

Old 05-13-2009, 10:21 AM
srt4rez
Professional

Sometimes if the PCM was switched, that can be the cause too, because the numbers will not be the same from the original PCM. In that case it will have to be reflashed. Make sure the timing marks are correct. Also check your ignition module..it might be located in the distributor. You can also check the keys that your using..they have chips in them and can get screwed up too. Good luck!

Old 05-13-2009, 12:48 PM
Altima_wb
Captain

Originally Posted by srt4rez
Also check your ignition module..it might be located in the distributor.
What distributor? neons never came with a distributor.... they have always had a coil pack controlled ignition... for somebody with an srt4 you should know this already... not to be a dick but at least give good advice...

Old 05-13-2009, 05:16 PM
dtjackten
2nd gen neon peace keeper

bought not built altima.... that is what they call that.... anyway....

has the car ran since the timing belt has been replaced? if so, i would be looking into the pcm issue... did u get it from a junk yard? if so it may need to be flashed like srt4rez said....... check both casting numbers with ur new and old one... just be make sure they match up properly

Old 05-13-2009, 06:45 PM
srt4rez
Professional
Default Oppps!

Originally Posted by Altima_wb
What distributor? neons never came with a distributor.... they have always had a coil pack controlled ignition... for somebody with an srt4 you should know this already... not to be a dick but at least give good advice...
Sorry about that, I was thinking of my puny Kia Sephia. Your right, they don't have a distributor, but they have a coil. Sometimes I get mixed on my feedback. We do the best we can....and yes I do have a SRT-4 and a SXT too. Thank you for recorrecting me.

Old 05-13-2009, 07:47 PM
pyrochin

it has run since the first timimg belt in november but i took it all off again to redo the timing im gonna look into the pcm i did get it at a junk yard just to try it someone told me my catalac converter could be cloged tolod me to take out the o2 sensor and try and start it