2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Will the srt-4 clutch fit in a 00' neon?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 12:21 PM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Very good. It is not just zinc, but that is what it is referred to as. God forbid someone say that a Brad Penn oil isn't up the specifications needed for a warranty since you put that picture in your signature Phosphorus does play a part in it, obviously (look at the name). You don't simply add the two together though.

Is this why they say ignorance is bliss? Have fun copying and pasting and refusing to actually learn something that your now god-like, beloved oil company doesn't explain to you on their website. I'm out.

P.S.- Check out the Mobil1 site, if you dare. Find their oil chart with the Zinc levels in it. In their FAQs, they state, for example, their High Mileage 10W40 has a ZDDP level of 1,000ppm. On the chart, check out what it says under the Zinc column for that particular oil...

Hell, you know what? Here's the link. I wouldn't want you to have an out by being unable to find it. http://www.mobiloil.com/USA-English/...duct_Guide.pdf
Bottom of the very first page you see. First column is the oil name. Fourth is the amount of zinc, in ppm. Oh, PPM is parts per million, since I'm sure that wasn't explained when you copied and pasted.

Last edited by darthroush; 05-21-2009 at 12:29 PM. Reason: Added link
Old 05-22-2009, 01:43 PM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

LOL small, I really enjoyed your PM. It really gave me a good laugh. I thought I'd share it here since you weren't brave enough to post it...
NO **** you don't simply add them together you jack*** it's called a formula. Yes i know what ppm is you stupid son of a ***** i'm not a ****ing retard. I don't know what your ****ing problem is but there is no reason to try to make someone look like an idiot but you simply made yourself look like the biggest jack*** of all. And you still believe that the amount of zinc is the only part then you sir are a ****ing joke. I will stay with my oil company because i know my **** will last good day sir.
Enjoy the ignorance!

Last edited by darthroush; 05-22-2009 at 01:46 PM. Reason: Language
Old 05-22-2009, 01:46 PM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

Oh, that Brad Penn comment didn't have anything to do with that PM did it? Seems to be...

Old 05-22-2009, 03:24 PM
smallblockfreak
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

because if i posted it with all that language i would get banned and the pm wasn't about my choice in oil it was because your acting like i have no clue what i'm talking about thats what pissed me off.

Last edited by smallblockfreak; 05-22-2009 at 05:13 PM.
Old 05-23-2009, 01:47 AM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

Just for clarification's sake...

The guy said 1600ppm for the warranty. Nothing is wrong with Brad Penn. It is a great oil. It just doesn't have the correct amount of ZDDP, so if it came down to it and the guy asked what oil you used, and if you told him one that doesn't have his requirement, you would be f'ed warranty wise. That was the simple point I was trying to make.

As for the ZDDP, I will try once more, but in-depth a little farther. In a perfect world, essentially zinc and phosphorus would be in a 1:1 ratio. For some reason, they are not always like that (approximate numbers listed by the manufacturer perhaps?). Then it basically becomes a "compound" average of the two. ZDDP is something called an orbital compound, 'bout all I know about that. Higher ZDDP levels though, do not necessarily mean better protection, but longer protection so I'm not too sure where that guy is going with it.

Based on the Brad Penn numbers, you are looking at about a 1,450ppm ZDDP level; average wise since they aren't in a 1:1 ratio.

Not sure how else to say it, but basically, hope we can move on...

Have a good one.

Quick Reply: Will the srt-4 clutch fit in a 00' neon?