2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

big spoiler?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 02:32 AM
Captansavaho
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

agreed stock can look nice just on certain cars... such has a 1969 yenko camaro...or new shelby gt500's certain cars should stay as they come..and you cant do to much to a neon then it looks like a clown car..lol

Old 09-06-2009, 11:59 AM
showsxt
Record Breaker

I have done alot of different unique stuff to my sxt and she doesnt look like a clowns car. She is number 2 over on cardomain with the flip flop hood and trunk and the interior and other stuff I have done to her and keep on doing . All the neons over on cardomain are very nice and most arent stock .

Old 09-06-2009, 01:48 PM
00z28bubba

exterior refreshing can be nice but there is not much that can really be done to fwd cars that are functional. i really like functionality. but then again my camaro is never gonna be a show car. it was built to be a go car and that is the plan. it will be clean on the outside and the exterior things that are not oem are the corner markers. they're all clear. in that particular situation the exterior left to be done cant be done until the susp and power mods are done. it will consist of removing dents and scratches.

Old 09-06-2009, 04:31 PM
Captansavaho
Captain

Originally Posted by showsxt
She is number 2 over on cardomain with the flip flop hood and trunk .
so cause your car is number two on cardomain..that means?? nothing.... and everyone has done a flip flop trunk at one time or another... srt wings are hideous even on srts just like sti wings...unnecessary... more a car gets modded the value goes down..even though neons dont hold value...cause they are a beater just like civics..and i know i own both

Old 09-06-2009, 06:18 PM
showsxt
Record Breaker

More to my sxt than just the srt wing and flip flop trunk which I love . GO look over on cardomain and actually see what my sxt looks like . I mod my neon for me and none else. I have done everything to my neon so that makes me feel like I built a very nice lookin show sxt . I have spent alot of money into my sxt and alot of time. My sxt has been number 2 over there since the beginning of this yr and also has been number 1 from time to time. Like I said before my custom hood and interior is what makes my neon.

Old 09-06-2009, 10:40 PM
dtjackten
2nd gen neon peace keeper

Originally Posted by 00z28bubba
exterior refreshing can be nice but there is not much that can really be done to fwd cars that are functional. i really like functionality. but then again my camaro is never gonna be a show car. it was built to be a go car and that is the plan. it will be clean on the outside and the exterior things that are not oem are the corner markers. they're all clear. in that particular situation the exterior left to be done cant be done until the susp and power mods are done. it will consist of removing dents and scratches.
i agree!!! stock body lines on anycar USUALLY look the best, and i am with u on the power thing as well, i have done things to my car to make it "unique" (pic one of the three cars in this thread) such as the one off bumper, but like u said earlier, the mods that i love on the exterior of the car are the mods that unless u do not know neons VERY VERY well, they will never know they have been modded in the first place.... i am about performance as well... boosting a neon was one of the best mods i have done to my car... pride for me is to see peoples faces as i beat them in my car.... most of them are in shock... and i LIVE for those moments!!!!

everyone is different, but if i am going to have a car that is "flashy" i am going to have power to back it up

Old 09-07-2009, 05:10 AM
Captansavaho
Captain

Originally Posted by dtjackten
everyone is different, but if i am going to have a car that is "flashy" i am going to have power to back it up
2nd!! cars all body kitted out are horrible.. you can find so many of those..but now ones with power..thats a car..i will take a car with power over a car with so called exterior mods any day

Old 09-07-2009, 11:04 AM
showsxt
Record Breaker

Me I rather have a slighly go and mostly show neon cause I have a turbo show ride also. They look for different at carshows not an all stock turbo ride. Im not lookin for speed to back up my neon cause when anyone sees my ride they know its all for show. I dont get anyone wanting to race me anymore.

Last edited by showsxt; 09-07-2009 at 11:06 AM.
Old 09-09-2009, 09:54 AM
luke9511
Amateur

thought this post that someone posted in a thread of mine on another forum kinda fit in this thread

Well i will be the one to disagree with 75% of people that have posted in here. Neon have a huge selaction of performance parts. I would say about 60% of what honda has aftermarket. Cause lets get real honda has the biggest aftermarket suport. Cause everyone has one and they are very cheap and good cars. But back to topic here.
The whole drift thing all i can say is wow FWD+drift= to much need for speed. \
Now to the people telling him to invest his money in a real car and not to mod a neon. Some people dont have the money to afford a real car + do stuff to it.
Also 70% of this forum really cant talk they drive car that make just the same Hp as this neon does from the factory. Also telling this person to not mod a neon would be telling all the NA eclipse guys to not mod there cars. The motor in both are almost identitcal but they do have there diffrents. Hell the neon is alot less weight compared to a 420A 2G eclipse.I have had a sick 98 R/T I laid down 186 FWHP and 156TQ stock bottom end. All that was done was just crane cams,crane valve springs and retainers,I/H/E,AFX race computer, i had a lil under 1K in mods in a 13 second all motor full weight stock supension car. That is not to bad for a lil old neon. I want lie when i first got the car i was just like you guys ah its just a neon how fast could it be. Then i started looking on Neon.org and bam there is people making stuiped power NA and turbo. Thing i loved the most is same thing honda people love the most. The cars are cheap to get and modding is easy and cheap as well. There are certain members on here that road in the car and will tell you it was a blast. I have hurt alot of swaped honda and other imports with this car aswell. Cause they thought it was a stuiped neon. Yes at the end of the day it is a dodge neon. Just like at the end of the day your honda is still going to be a gas saver just like the neon was made for. The point im getting to is you can make power with any car. Hell i know there is a turbo company that makes turbo kits for yaris. Also in closing i would like to add he is right the Srt4 turbo swap in a neon is a common thing to do now. Just like building a 2.4 stroker or using a 2.4 chrysler engine and putting it in.

I will agree you will not get your money back you put into the car. Just like any mod you do to a car you will not ever see what you have put in it back out of it.
that is all.

Old 09-09-2009, 11:02 AM
mannyfresh18
Veteran

ok someone brief me here on what we are talking about. it looks like we are talking about modifying neons...?

if we are well everyone has there own taste. thats all i got to say.

Quick Reply: big spoiler?