2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Bad vibrations

Old 12-15-2015, 10:44 PM
mopar4u
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by richards83
I've flipped quite a few Neon's and I learned a long time ago that buying any engine mounts/torque struts other than OEM is a waste of money. I know the MOPAR parts are a lot more expensive, but in this case it's the only way to go. I noticed that Rockauto is starting to carry some MOPAR brand parts.
^^^^^ yup. I put in anchor upper and lower torque struts, did the alignment procedure and still had vibrations. Took out the anchor parts and put in mopar, did the alignment and my neon is very smoooooth. It is also important to get a mopar center mount from a vibration and longevity standpoint.

Old 12-24-2015, 11:18 AM
richards83
Professional
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Good point. The OEM center mount or, right side engine mount as they call it is filled with oil. I'm pretty sure the after market mounts are just solid rubber. Plus that mount is a bear to get to, so might as well do it right to avoid having to do it again for a long time.

Old 12-25-2015, 11:52 PM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The aftermarket mounts are rubber. Anchor themselves told me the factory mount isn't fluid filled, so their replacement isn't either.

Old 01-10-2017, 01:19 PM
shotsfired
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/dodgy

The way that you use "dodgy" is absolute and complete rubbish. More-so annoying than anything.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bad vibrations