2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Dodge Neon 03 fuel gauge problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 12:58 AM
bluesdriver
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dodge Neon 03 fuel gauge problem

Hi,

I'm newly registered to this forum but I've been checking this forum for 2 yrs now every time i had problems and so far, everything gets solved.Thanks to you guys. Anyway, This is my problem:

Since 2 weeks ago, everytime I get gas, the gas pump stops at no more than 4 gallons and everytime I check the gauge, it's only on half the tank. Lately I've been trying to put more fuel after the pump stops but it gets really hard coz the nozzle keeps popping back. I could only put around 6 gallons before i get so tired, but then the gauge would only be a little more than half. It did not spill or anything when doing that.

I asked my mechanic but they said they couldnt figure out the problem until they put down the gas tank. And they said it might cost around $600-800 to do that. What do you think the problem is, fuel pump, fuel sending unit or another? and is this the right price for this kind of service?

All the help is greatly Appreciated.

Lee

Old 10-05-2009, 09:00 AM
mjs182004
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds like a sending unit is the problem. might even be the fuel gauge needle, but i doubt that is the case.

Quick Reply: Dodge Neon 03 fuel gauge problem