2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

When i am going down a hill on incline , my brakes make a funny noise???

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 12:41 PM
Dodge4NEON04
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation When i am going down a hill on incline , my brakes make a funny noise???

I have a 2004 Dodge Neon . When i am going down a hill kinda fast and picking up speed and when i try to hit the brakes it makes a weird noise , like its "rubbing" against something. I first thought the brake pads needed changed but there perfectly fine and the pads look brand new. A friend of mine also told me that the rotors could be bad. If anyone has any idea what the problem would be please contact me back. I would really appreciate it.

Old 11-25-2009, 01:19 PM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

Do the brakes work well? Does the pedal pulsate when you engage the brakes? If it pulsates I would guess you need new rotors or need them turned/resurfaced. Do you have disc or drum brakes in the rear? Is the noise coming from the front or rear? Which side? Does it only make this noise when you apply the brakes on an incline? It could be a lot of things really.

Old 11-25-2009, 03:49 PM
Dodge4NEON04

brakes work fine. pedal doesnt pulsate. noise is coming from the front and it sounds like its coming from the passenger side. yes it only makes the noise when im going down a incline

Quick Reply: When i am going down a hill on incline , my brakes make a funny noise???