2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Error Code P0340 Help

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 12:09 AM
Brant_Hill_31
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Error Code P0340 Help

It's an 02 Dodge Neon; drove it for 6 hours then let it sit overnight. The next day, in frigid temperatures, the car cranks but wouldn't turn over. The spark plugs and ignition coil was replaced and the battery was also checked. The error code is P0340 Camshaft position sensor a - bank 1 - circuit malfunction. We then proceeded to replace the sensor but to no avail. We're now assuming the problem lies within either the wiring to the circuit or issues with the timing belt. Has anyone had a similar problem or have any other information as to where to start checking for problems? Thanks for the help!

Old 01-20-2010, 03:17 PM
sbevel01
Default P0340

I am having the same exact problem with my 2005 Dodge Neon. First I replaced the Camshaft Position Sensor. The check engine light went off for about a week. When it came back on I changed the sensor again thinking maybe I did somethig wrong the first time. I Still have a check engine light. I've been having this problem since May of 2009 but like you, I've suspected the timing belt needed adjustment or the belt tensioner was bad. I took it to two mechanics and the timing was perfect each time. I know this may sound crazy but last night my wife filled the radiator expansion tank halfway between add and hot full and by some miracle the check engine light went off. I just called her an hour ago and the car is running just fine! I don't know???????. My theory is that the car was low on coolant due to a very small leak in the radiator and the heat was making the sensor send the check engine light on? Also, have you had to replace any of the fan relays for the radiator fan and condenser fan?

Old 12-10-2011, 07:03 PM
bdanko211

I got a 200t dodge neon changed cam pos twice still get the code with roguh idle problems I'm suspecting timing belt problems being a notch or two off. mine was stalling uuntil I replaced plugs now just get a rough idle. Still though possible circuit problem

Quick Reply: Error Code P0340 Help