2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Check Engine Light

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 09:12 PM
00neonlx
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Check Engine Light

I read on here some where how to do a cold air intake, they said something aboout a restricter and to just add a cone. I took the top off and added a k&n filter, and left the top off. I couldnt find a restrictor idk if i wasnt looking in the right place, and also it threw the check engine light I am not sure if it was because of the air intake sensor that is on the little tube that goes down into the fender or what

Old 03-13-2010, 01:44 AM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You shouldn't get a code just from changing the air filter, nor should you have to find a "restrictor" for a direct replacement filter. As for leaving the lid off and removing the sensor, put them both back. No reason to take them off.

Old 03-13-2010, 11:43 PM
00neonlx
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i got the check engine light to go out, i put the cover back on, and eventually it went out, then took the cover back off and it hasnt come back on since, Without the cover the cold air intake dosent have much sound, and i LOVE the sound,

Old 03-14-2010, 04:49 AM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Changing an air filter doesn't make it a cold air intake. The factory set-up however, is a cold air intake by style/design. Removing the inlet tube and taking the cover off has effectively made it into a warm air intake if anything.

Quick Reply: Check Engine Light