2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Taught it was this,then i taught it was that.(grinding whirring noise)

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 08:46 PM
JADEN
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Taught it was this,then i taught it was that.(grinding whirring noise)

Man trying to put my wife little neon together(2000) and then i get this grinding whirring noise .front driver side. i read all over and i replaced the wheel bearing that didn't work so i replaced the axle and that didn't work noise still there..jacked the car up and the noise is coming where the axle meets the trans-axle.i read there is a bearing in there that might be causing my problem .would like to get your opinions on the matter before i spend more money .is there a bearing in there that might go bad and need replacing..thanks

Old 04-14-2010, 12:05 AM
NHARINTON
Record Breaker

never had that issue, but there is definitely a bearing in there. Was there any wear on the teeth of the old axle? If so, it could have also destroyed the teeth inside the tyranny.....

Old 04-14-2010, 07:55 PM
JADEN

there really was now wear or any sign of damage when i took out the old axle it looked pretty good .but i changed it anyway.well iam going do some more digging to see what it might be...while iam doing that iam going to do the whole timing belt kit .water pump belts tensioner and all the seals .car runs great just the damn noise..ahh the life of a neon..

Quick Reply: Taught it was this,then i taught it was that.(grinding whirring noise)