2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

AC problem, need HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 09:16 PM
rjay
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC problem, need HELP!

I have a 02 Dodge Neon. The air does not get cold at all. I hooked up the gauge that came with a can of freon and it showed it was full (although I don't know if that would be accurate since my compressor won't kick on). My fuses and relay is good and they have power to them, but when I checked the power from the connector that goes to the low pressure switch, I got nothing. Any ideas or leads would be appreciated. Thanks

Old 06-07-2010, 09:41 PM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Fix the power problem and see what happens? Trace the wire back...

Old 06-07-2010, 09:49 PM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Old 06-16-2010, 06:52 PM
rjay

I am still having trouble finding the issue. I took this pic, it looks like I am missing something. It's on the drivers side, by the condensor/radiator. Am I supposed to have something plugged into this? Thanks

Attached Thumbnails AC problem, need HELP!-img_1188.jpg  
Old 06-16-2010, 07:05 PM
Moparkyle
All Star

Some times the wiring harnesses that manufacturers put in cars have just generic wires for other trims of the same vehicle that have parts your car doesn't. What color are the 2 wires though and you should be able to use the diagram above to see what parts have the same colors.

Old 06-16-2010, 07:59 PM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

Wire color(s) are a big help. Many connectors look just like that one

Old 06-17-2010, 07:37 PM
rjay

It's hard to tell, one looks black w/green stripe and the other looks to be a green w/lighter green stripe. I connected a power and ground wire from the battery to the switch and the compressor didn't do anything. Shouldn't that be enough to atleast kick it on?

Old 06-17-2010, 08:43 PM
Moparkyle
All Star

Well your condenser is on the passenger side, but I took a look inside of my car and it looks like that connector is for your AC clutch. And from what you described on the wire colors, although I could find no perfect matches with the colors, you are describing C101. Are you sure you hooked up the jumpers in the correct order? The Dark Blue wire with the black stripe provides power from the relay and the plain black wire is your ground.

Old 06-17-2010, 10:07 PM
rjay

Yes I believe so. I guess I will check into taking to a shop and see how much it will be for them to troubleshoot.

Old 06-22-2010, 02:19 PM
onenikegirl21

I have a problem with my AC and was hoping you guys could help. I believe its electrical- heat and AC will not kick on at all. I have checked the fuses and those are good! There is however a blue wire dangling under the glove box? I looked at the electrical diagram above and have no clue where to even begin to understand that I took off the glove box and cannot find where the wire should connect to? Its hanging from the left side but when I trace the wire back it runs all under the glove box to the right side of the car. I thought maybe it was the blower motor wire but now I have no idea. Its only about 6 inches long so if I follow the yellow wire that is in the same path as it it cannot even reach that spot to connect. I had just taken my car in to replace tie rods over the weekend and my wheel lock was in the glove box, when I got the car back the glove box was still open, I think they must have knocked the wire loose. Any idea either what the wire is for or where I need to connect it?

Quick Reply: AC problem, need HELP!