2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Car pulls to the right under light acceleration automatic

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 04:29 AM
briann510
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I read you changed your trans mount a few times...all I gotta remove to get to it is the battery/tray or does air filter box come out also? I dont think its that hard to do like the pasenger side mid mount.

Old 07-20-2010, 05:46 AM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You have to remove the air box assembly and the battery tray. I suppose you could just remove the battery tray, but not having that huge air box will make it worth the 6 or so screws you have to undo to remove it.

Old 03-19-2011, 01:27 PM
briann510
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I wanted to let everyone know I finally found the problem! In the past week the pulling to the right and left on turns got really bad. I jacked left front up to check tie rod again and noticed the lower control arm horizontal pivot bolt was just hanging about to fall out. It seems the Firestone dealer down in San Diego never bothered to put the special nut with large tang on it and torque it down to 120 ft/lbs. When I looked at the bolt head before it was snug and tight against the frame mount but I didnt bother looking up in the recess hole to make sure the nut was on the bolt up in there and just assumed the bolt was torqued to spec. I had to order one from the dealer since its a special.

My daughter then confirmed with me the car starting wandering on turns after Firestone put new control arms on the car, so they obviously left the nut off and the control arm was never tight. So nothing short of ruining the 2 front tires I lucked out the bolt didn't completely fall out while driving causing loss of control and an accident.

Also I noticed at some point Firestone put 1 wrong size tire on the car which wasn't helping front end control either. One tire was a 185-65-15 and one was a 185-60-15. This is exactly why I do all the work on our cars cause you cant trust anyone else to do it right. Now that daughter is done with college and back home I have control of car repairs again.

Last edited by briann510; 03-22-2011 at 10:04 PM.

Quick Reply: Car pulls to the right under light acceleration automatic