2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Looking to upgrade headlights

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2010, 01:56 PM
ryman117
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

in fact i like the 03-05 headlight style better. looks a lot cleaner than the 00-02 body style :P but it'd a lot of work to change the bumper just so i could havew those style headlights.

Old 11-27-2010, 02:25 PM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Not too much work to change the bumper out. It'd be a lot more work to match the new paint to the old.

Old 11-27-2010, 02:30 PM
showsxt
Record Breaker

Yeah I love green its mean lookin color and would go with it but I think red is alot more meaner lookin and fits my sxt better seeing I just painted my front grill red. I cant wait to see what your halos look like when you get them hooked up. Good luck with that.

Old 11-27-2010, 05:54 PM
ryman117
Amateur

and thats exactly what i was referring to a lot of work.... my family actually has 2 neons... a 2000 and an 05 both standard. im just too lazy and cheap to go out ind a bumper change it and then paint it. and im ecited to get em hooked up. but for now they're jsut teh stock blue ish white leds but the blue should go with my car. maybe one day ill send em out for a custom job. theres a place in toronto that does custom halo work. and yeah showsxt the red is by far meaner than green. i saw your garage. the car looks wicked so far. including the custom gauges nd bezels

Old 11-27-2010, 07:48 PM
showsxt
Record Breaker

Well thanks for the wicked comment and yeah the speedhut gauges and the center benzel are my favorite things about the inside. Im adding new pics in my garage now that I took just a little while ago.

Old 12-26-2011, 03:09 PM
Malves85

I'm going to resurrect an old thread instead of starting a new one. I'm in the process of installing HID lights right now. Had OEM headlights retrofitted with projectors. I have the wiring harness and ballasts. I have both lights wired up but only the driver side headlight is turning on. I'm getting no light out of the passenger side. I'm no electrician and this is my first time wiring up lights. Take a look at the below pics and tell me if I'm missing something. There is a fuse or something with 2 green lights. Only one is lighting up. I'm guessing thats trying to tell me something?

Old 12-29-2011, 08:42 PM
Malves85

Found the issue. I had a few wires switched. Played around and it all worked. But now the high beams wont turn on. I get a slight flicker when I hit the switch in the car but no light. Any ideas on what to check?

Old 12-29-2011, 10:09 PM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

Do you have a "dual-beam" HID kit? If you don't, you aren't going to have a high beam. You replaced a dual filament bulb with a single filament bulb (that's the reason why cars that come with HIDs from the factory have a separate, standard halogen bulb for the high beam). If you did get a "dual" kit, the bulb supposedly just tilts up a bit to make it look brighter, by mis-aiming the bulb.

Old 12-30-2011, 08:43 AM
leprechaun1874
Professional

If the new light is the one in the floor in the last pic it does not look like a dual bulb setup. But I don't use my high beams at all any way. The hids are bright enough for me.

Old 12-30-2011, 03:05 PM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by leprechaun1874
If the new light is the one in the floor in the last pic it does not look like a dual bulb setup. But I don't use my high beams at all any way. The hids are bright enough for me.
The dual HID kits don't use a separate bulb for the high beam though (at least, AFAIK). When you turn the high beams on, the little motor aims them up to make it "brighter" by essentially mis-aiming the bulb.

Quick Reply: Looking to upgrade headlights