2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

2004 Dodge sx 2.0 problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 10:35 PM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If you know someone who is somewhat decent with cars at all, it should only take about 10-15 minutes to adjust with the proper tools. The procedure is in my signature.

Old 02-10-2011, 10:46 PM
Maxim
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Haha thanks I hope too!

Old 02-10-2011, 10:49 PM
Maxim

Originally Posted by darthroush
If you know someone who is somewhat decent with cars at all, it should only take about 10-15 minutes to adjust with the proper tools. The procedure is in my signature.
I guess that I am gonna try to do it with my friend if I don't find anybody. Thanks I already got that information from you before Appreciate it! Will post results.. later on. thanks..

Old 02-10-2011, 10:54 PM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

The most PITA part for me everytime is getting the bolt back in the lower torque strut mount. Other than that, it's cake. You don't even have to take the bolt out. I just always do out of habit.

Old 02-10-2011, 11:42 PM
Maxim

The most PITA part for me everytime is getting the bolt back in the lower torque strut mount. Other than that, it's cake. You don't even have to take the bolt out. I just always do out of habit.
Haha thanks for advice for not taking the bolt out!

I hope ill fix it.

Old 02-13-2011, 01:20 AM
Maxim

So after 4 hours trying to adjust my engine. I know that it took too long. It didn't fix the vibration. Now when I turn my car there is some knocking noise coming from the bottom torque strut I guess. Another question I have is after I put a jack under the engine and loosen the bolts and then take them out. What do I do the engine to make that distance to be 119 mm? Do I have to lower the engine or make it go higher? Can someone explain please on how to properly get the distance? Does it have to be exact 119mm? Can it be 120 or 121? Thanks for help.

Old 02-13-2011, 04:34 AM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

Read the link in my signature. It outlines the procedure with pictures. The jack, when properly positioned, is essentially rocking the engine back or forth. This allows you to get the exact measurement. With the jack still in place, you torque the bolts down and this will keep it in the correct position.

Old 02-13-2011, 09:56 AM
Maxim

Read the link in my signature. It outlines the procedure with pictures. The jack, when properly positioned, is essentially rocking the engine back or forth. This allows you to get the exact measurement. With the jack still in place, you torque the bolts down and this will keep it in the correct position.
I think maybe I placed the jack in the wrong place... do I place it under the metal thing where the 2 bolts are as you can see in the picture? Also I found out that there is 1 bolt missing there. Maybe this causes some vibration? Thanks for help.

2004 Dodge sx 2.0 problems-fig95.jpg
The green is where I placed the jack somewhere there.
Red is the bolt I am missing.

Old 02-13-2011, 03:30 PM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

I jack mine on the front edge of the oil pan...carefully. The bolt that is missing looks like it is for the inspection cover. If it is, no biggie. It wouldn't cause vibration, but that cover being loose could make some rattling noise.

Old 02-15-2011, 09:57 PM
Maxim

Wow I checked my allingment of the torque struts, and Its 125-126 mm from point a to b. Wow I really messed up Lol.

Quick Reply: 2004 Dodge sx 2.0 problems