2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

door problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 03:33 AM
ryman117
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default door problems

so i recently ran into problem with one of my rear doors..... this is what is happening.... in the last couple of days my car has been telling me that one of my doors are open.... at first i thought the door latch was frozen open... but its not possible cuz its been fairly mild the last two days or so. the interior light was staying on whenever all 4 doors were closed so i pullled the fuse and took the dome lamp out because i didnt want it staying on and killing my battery..... i dunno what to do because the dsoors are closed and it sounds like their latching when i close the doors... any ideas on what it could be? i have no clue and have been trying to figure it out...... no power locks or windows..... any info or ideas would be helpfull.... i havent tried disconnecting the battery yet as i havent had time to do so. illl probly try that tomorrow... might fix the issue but i miss having an interior light... it kinda sucks..... especially when i get in the car at night.

Old 12-31-2010, 03:56 AM
hemi4spd
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the outside handles tend to stick on mine allowing the door to open a little (not noticeable) go all around the car 1 by 1 opening then pressing in the exterior handle then close the door frimly

when the light goes out u know the one
that is of course if this is your issue
or a faulty door switch

Old 12-31-2010, 10:47 AM
eurotunerz

i had the same problem happen to my 2001 neon my rear passenger side door kept telling me that it was open and i read and asked a lot of people about it and i ended up changing the door ajar and problem fixed. The rubber part of the door ajar gets worn out and it doesn't allow the door to shut all the way even though it looks like it is shut. I recommend you check that first and then we will go from there.

Good Luck

Old 12-31-2010, 03:39 PM
kingjim9

yeah I had the same problem with mine, like eurotunerz said, it's that little black "button" looking thing thats inside the door jam, it's a pretty simple repair. I ended up getting the new sensor, it's called a Combination Switch and Advance sells them for around $6.

Just make sure you replace the right one! Hope this helps!

Old 01-01-2011, 03:13 PM
ryman117
Amateur

so te door ajar sensor is totally messed tried out the ideas last night and the ajar sensor for the rear passenger door is messed, i was wondering about how to fix it.(so steps too remove and insert new one. also if you can send me a link to the part at advance that would be awesome! and much appreciated.

Old 01-01-2011, 04:21 PM
kingjim9

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/web...GRPSESWAMS____

There's a link to the new part, I can't remember if they just pull out, or if you have to twist and then pull, but if you look at the new one it should tell you.

You might have to change the part depending on the year & trim of your neon but that should give you the basics that you need!

Quick Reply: door problems