2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

0-60 Times

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 01:23 AM
buddhaman
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

why can't you just get some engine enamel and paint the insert black? i envy your stang man, one day i'll be able to get mine.

Old 02-25-2011, 09:52 AM
showsxt
Record Breaker

Yeah wow darth I love your stang very mean lookin and I love the color . Im a stang gal myself I have my aunts 65 stang to fix up sooner or later and my mom had a ton of classic stangs when she was younger and a yellow 94 gt yrs ago. Wow you have alot of fords why the neon. I get why you would want to put more money into your stang than your neon. Husband told me to get a new gt500 I would be just happy with a new gt.

Last edited by showsxt; 02-25-2011 at 09:56 AM.
Old 02-25-2011, 01:41 PM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by buddhaman
why can't you just get some engine enamel and paint the insert black? i envy your stang man, one day i'll be able to get mine.
It'd be more of a pain than it would be to spend the $20 and buy a new one. That is a BC/CC, real-deal paint job on it. I'd spend a few hours trying to get it prepped correctly, lol.

Originally Posted by showsxt
Yeah wow darth I love your stang very mean lookin and I love the color . Im a stang gal myself I have my aunts 65 stang to fix up sooner or later and my mom had a ton of classic stangs when she was younger and a yellow 94 gt yrs ago. Wow you have alot of fords why the neon. I get why you would want to put more money into your stang than your neon. Husband told me to get a new gt500 I would be just happy with a new gt.
Thank you! This is actually my second Neon. I had a 2001 in that rarer Shale Metallic Green I think it was called, for almost a year- it was totaled. I like them better than any other of the small cars for the price, plus I know how to take them completely apart and put them back together. No sense in wasting all of that knowledge about them. Good cars IMO. All depends how they get taken care of.

Old 02-25-2011, 01:52 PM
showsxt
Record Breaker

Yeah I guess it saves you on gas also the neon and probably your daily driver seeing all your other rides take up alot of gas.

Old 02-25-2011, 02:00 PM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It is. It gets driven at least a couple of hundred miles per week. Can be over 500 miles in a week at times. Though, it's being a pain ATM with transmission issues again. Hopefully that will all be sorted out here in the next couple of weeks.

Quick Reply: 0-60 Times