2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

02 neon ALMOST stalling at light

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 01:29 PM
Kegger22
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well, on mine so far I had changed the plugs and wires from the start along with both belts, haven't checked the tubes as of yet but when I did change the plugs everything looked fine with no oil showing at all, I've been turning wrenches since I was young(about 40 years ago) but since my mentality is to always look at a mechanical issue and not a computer controlled one I have to start learning about all the sensors and things and the only thing I can come up with right now is possibly a input or output speed sensor to the trans not sending a proper signal back to the main computer so it can tell the tps were it should be at when at a stop light
the only reason I am thinking this way is when you make an average to hard stop at the light is when it does it but when you put the trans back into nuetral and then back in drive it seems to be fine again

any thoughts? or am I just hoping it may be that easy of a fix?

Old 03-21-2011, 04:46 PM
briann510
Rookie

I noticed sometimes if the plug tubes get move up just enough it will unsnap the plug wire down in there. Ive had it happen 2 times. I just havnt got around to re-cementing my tubes and just push the 2 back down every couple months.

Old 04-02-2011, 04:04 PM
Silentjoe1976

Kegger, had he exact same symptoms on my 05 SXT.
Has now progressed to shifting issues as well.
Shifts hard to second and just last recently had it shift down just after lifting off
the gas coming up to a light.
Had a mechanic friend suggest the transmission speed sensor to be the issue.
Changing that tomorrow so I'll update you if it makes any difference!

Quick Reply: 02 neon ALMOST stalling at light