2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

01 dodge neon problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 12:49 AM
NICKHARDIN
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 01 dodge neon problems

I have 01 neon that has a few problems, I would like some feedback to see if im going in the right direction.

My car has 118k miles and wasn't maintenanced regularly by it's previous owners.

when ever i let off the breaks or hit the gas pedal my car makes a beeping sound, i don't have an owners manual and havn't been able to find anything about this.

My car also has a rough idle, and recently it has been real rough when i start the car and today it actually wouldn't start until a few trys. after driving it home from work i turned it off, and when i went to turn it on it started right up. I have smoked tested the intake manifold and found no leaks, I also replaced the air filter and ran injector cleaner in the fuel tank.
new plugs and and plug wires have also been installed.

My 2nd major problem is that the vehicle is overheating, It has a new cap, thermostat and the correct amt of coolant/water. When using the oscilloscope i can hear the bearings sound a little rough. And the cooling system holds pressure. I am not sure what is causing the problem or how to test to see if it is infact the pump.

Thank you for any thing you guys can help with.
-Nick

Old 03-19-2011, 05:32 AM
22DODGE22
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2nd how about a clogged radiator, bad head gasket or bad water pump?

Old 03-21-2011, 08:00 AM
bmc2004

My old neon had the same problem with overheating. Make sure you are 100% sure that there isn't a radiator leak. My radiator leaked right into my tranny and ruined it. Check for a radiator leak. Also a rough idle could have something to do with a sensor on your intake box. Check the mass air flow and idle control sensors.

Old 04-02-2011, 12:25 AM
NICKHARDIN

Originally Posted by 22DODGE22
2nd how about a clogged radiator, bad head gasket or bad water pump?

yup, ended up having alot of oil on the spark plugs and one of the sleeves coming up. also i confirmed i have a blown head gasket I'm in the process now of trying to remove and hopefully just install a new one. any one have any experience with this or have any tips?? I have instruction from allpar and mitchells on demand.

Quick Reply: 01 dodge neon problems