2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Do you have to change spings with struts?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 05:41 PM
pixelpadre
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Struts or Shocks

Are you all talking about struts? My Stratus has shocks in a spring...not to be confused with struts.

Old 03-23-2011, 06:35 PM
showsxt
Record Breaker

Yeah all we are talkin about is struts would be nice to have shocks in a spring though like the strats.

Old 03-23-2011, 06:41 PM
showsxt
Record Breaker

Yeah I just hate being called not telling the truth when It happened to me how do I have prove if it happened to me and some others I know . Used springs being in bad shape is all what Iwas trying to say will wear out new struts if the used springs being ok condtion than yeah your ok using stock springs. Last you will hear from me on this subject.

Old 03-23-2011, 08:53 PM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Icon_xof
Don't be so sensitive, I was picking on you anyway. And if you don't want people to mess with you, then DONT BE SO F*ING RUDE!

Originally Posted by showsxt
Now Im just warning icon to make sure his springs are in good condtion to use them with new struts. Darth knows more than me but seeing this has not happened to him than he cant tell me Im wrong. Until something has happend to you you cant really tell me Im wrong.
Up until this point, you never said to check and make sure the springs are in good, usable condition. You have just said that they need to be replaced. Just because I have not had something happen to me, does not mean that I cannot tell you that you are wrong. That is horrible logic right off the bat. You were wrong. Now you've said that your old springs were rusted up and not in great condition. That of course makes sense! That's like saying you shouldn't replace a bad brake caliper when you are changing your brake pads.

Since everyone is "done" with this thread, I'll make it go away.

Quick Reply: Do you have to change spings with struts?