2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

2005 Dodge Neon stalling problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2011, 01:28 AM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Number 1 is the Fuel Vapor Vent Filter. The purge solenoid is in the engine bay; complete PITFA to get to.

Old 10-14-2011, 02:21 PM
blazendizz
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok so i have day time running lights? i start the car and the running lights come on only the back ones and when i hit the brake it stall when i turn the head lights on it wants to stall to i checked the alternater with a multi meter and it says its good so what do i do now?

Old 10-14-2011, 03:41 PM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

You have an export Neon? Those are the only ones that got DRLs. Check the grounds in the engine bay as well as the battery terminals and the cables inside of the crimps.

Old 10-15-2011, 12:52 AM
blazendizz

sorry man what is DRL's and what crimps? im good with car's but not so good with wiring problems

Old 10-15-2011, 03:43 AM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

DRL= Daytime Running Lights. They only came on export (non-US) Neons AFAIK. Crimps are what hold the wire into the terminal. On the Neon battery terminals, the wiring is exposed and corrosion can build up inside of the crimps and cause poor electrical connection.

I can't take a picture of mine to show you as I've redone all of my power and ground wires in the engine bay. If you take a large picture of yours, I can mark what I'm talking about in Paint.

Old 10-19-2011, 08:59 PM
blazendizz

no need now man got my car fixed it was a ground wire in the trunk i heard it arc when it was running and i was messing around in the trunk

Old 11-25-2011, 03:13 AM
jennifah09

so i definatley need some advice!!!

I am the proud ower of an 05 dodge neon sx 2.0..... neon ned

ive had him for about 6 months now, everything has been running smoothly until a couple of weeks back the check engine light came on....made an appointment it went off....it came on again a few days later then went off......i didnt really think anything of it. a couple days after that it came on and my car started to shake... i didnt know what to do so i put it in neutral which seemed to help..... the light continues to go on and off....but the car still shakes i feel like it starts to shake once the rpms drop below 1000.... i rev the engine and that helps or pop it into neutral which also helps, but the shaking still continues..... ive read a couple of things about reading codes on the obd? i tried turning it off the 3 times and nothing popped up even though my check engine light is on...any suggestions guys?

Quick Reply: 2005 Dodge Neon stalling problem