2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Strut tower bars: Opinions please

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 07:54 PM
showsxt
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah he found me that one and I just paypaled the guy 25bucks for my fuel rail cover and yeah does come with everything and he told me they are pretty easy to put on seeing it just goes over your fuel line.

Old 04-07-2011, 01:16 AM
Icon_xof
Rookie

I got a rail cover and the studs for free when I wrenched off my rear sway bar. I asked the guy how much and he just waved his hand. Worked for me . The silver lettering is a little worn, but I'll fix that when the weather gets better up here and I do my engine dress-up.
Pablo: I like the way your air intake setup looks. Did you remove the resonator box? Just curious.
Did you guys notice any difference in cornering after installing the strut bars? I'm seriously thinking about making one if I can get my buddy to let me use his bead welder.

Last edited by Icon_xof; 04-07-2011 at 01:23 AM.
Old 04-08-2011, 09:39 PM
Pablodragon
All Star

That air intake is what you get when you get a 'short ram intake' off, like, e-bay..

just comes with a short tube and an air filter... you just remove the whole air box and stock filter, and stick that one on. (I did add some little brackets to hold up the throttle body)
You could almost make it yerself, ..the one from e-bay does come all shiney and colorful, and has the hole and grommet for the intake air temp sensor tho... think I got it for like 24 bucks (and the air cleaner is also pretty standard issue, so if you want, you can go with a nice K&N filter too)

Old 04-09-2011, 09:50 PM
Icon_xof
Rookie

Right on. I got the K&N already. Just gotta find time to get it rigged up.

Quick Reply: Strut tower bars: Opinions please