2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Seafoam, vac lines, opinions please.

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 08:01 PM
Icon_xof
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Seafoam, vac lines, opinions please.

Ok, so I'm doing an oil change tomorrow and I'm wanting to to the seafoam vac line treatment. Read up on it here and here, only problem is (and yes I'm still pretty retarded when it comes to some car stuff) I can't find the vac line splitter by the master cylinder as described at the 2nd gen forum. I looked everywhere behind my battery and I can't find any lines except the metal brake lines. So, where is this vac line splitter in the 2.0?
Thanks guys.

Old 04-05-2011, 08:48 PM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Should be the line connecting to the TB, or nearby. Follow it. You can also get Seafoam in a spray and just spray it through the TB too, just like Mopar Combustion Chamber Cleaner.

Old 04-06-2011, 08:03 PM
Icon_xof
Rookie

Thanks man. I didn't realize I was beating a dead horse, lol. So yeah, I found it and traced it back by the master cylinder, where there was a joint in the line. I undid it, and finagled it up to where I could get the seafoam in. I couldn't put the hose in the bottle because the connector that attached it to the other line was too fat and I couldn't get it off. So I just slowly dumped the seafoam in, put a little in the crankcase and let it sit for about 10 minutes. When I drove it, there was a big white cloud behind me =] had a little bit of a bluish tint, but far from being dark. I'm guessing there must not have been much carbon buildup. Then changed the oil and plugs. The plugs had a lot of soot on them though, so at least I know it did something, lol. Does seem a little spunkier, but it could be my imagination. Now I can't wait till tomorrow. Found some sonar altezza taillights on CL for $40 =] Thanks for your help Darth. Thanks for all your help over the past few months actually. You kick ***.

Old 04-06-2011, 10:45 PM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

I don't stick the hose in the can even if I am able to. I stick a little bendy straw in it and let the vacuum suck it out. Seems to be a bit easier to control how much is going in at a time.

Old 04-07-2011, 12:51 AM
Icon_xof
Rookie

Right on. It fed in real easy dumping it. I'd just tip it a little bit at a time and let it get sucked off of the bottle lip. And I do notice a definite increase in preformance at higher speeds now. Glad I did it. Thanks again.

Old 04-08-2011, 08:57 PM
krain88
Professional

I put seafoam in last week and didn't change the plugs cause I did them 10k ago should I go ahead and change them?

Old 04-09-2011, 04:08 PM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

It's best to do it before a plug change, but since the plugs get changed every 30K, I wouldn't worry about it.

Old 04-09-2011, 05:16 PM
krain88
Professional

K thanks darth

Quick Reply: Seafoam, vac lines, opinions please.