2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Installing Pioneer Receiver.. Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 01:06 PM
Leo18_rod
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing Pioneer Receiver.. Please Help

Hey guys i want to install this Pioneer CD Receiver(http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-DEH-32...967430&sr=8-16) into my 2003 Neon SXT.. But i was wondering if im going to need any type of professional help or will i be able to do it by myself.. will this fit with no problem or will i need some special adaption kit?

Old 04-28-2011, 03:00 PM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

To replace the factory HU, you'll need a harness adapter, antenna adapter and an installation kit.

Old 04-28-2011, 07:22 PM
krain88
Professional

Their really simple to install you can get the antenna adapter and wiring harness from autozone oreillys or whatever u have near you for farely cheap. Like 30 tops and the installation kit or "head unit" adapter from walmart for like 10-15 bucks just make sure it both fits ur car and the stereo itself. It wouldn't let me see the link but if its ur regular size headunit it the adapter is cheap but for pop out screens they can get pricey

Old 04-29-2011, 12:41 AM
Exubus
Champion

I have a Pioneer in my 2004 Neon. IIRC I paid $10 or so for the plastic dash adapter, and another $14 or so for the wiring harness at Walmart. Basic installation of the head unit (including removal of the factory unit) should take a total of 5 or 10 minutes max. It's a very easy install in my opinion in these cars, much easier than most others.

Old 04-29-2011, 01:00 AM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

I found and used the Metra installation kit in the Neon. Made in USA and great quality. Better than the Wal-Mart ones (Scosche or something like that) IMO. Get the Metra kit if you can find it.

Old 04-29-2011, 01:11 AM
Exubus
Champion

Originally Posted by darthroush
I found and used the Metra installation kit in the Neon. Made in USA and great quality. Better than the Wal-Mart ones (Scosche or something like that) IMO. Get the Metra kit if you can find it.
I used the Scosche Walmart kit and was perfectly happy with it, even 3 years later. Perfect fit and no-nonsense installation and it has held up great to this day. I haven't personally used the Metra kit for the Neon though so I can't speak for that one way or the other.

Old 05-01-2011, 11:19 PM
KARR
Record Breaker

I'm on my Ipad2 so I can't send you a pic of the adapter I have but it's the Scosche brand and I got it from Walmart for $10. This was some years ago but I'm sure it's still around the same price.

Old 05-01-2011, 11:55 PM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by Exubus
I used the Scosche Walmart kit and was perfectly happy with it, even 3 years later. Perfect fit and no-nonsense installation and it has held up great to this day. I haven't personally used the Metra kit for the Neon though so I can't speak for that one way or the other.
I've used the Scosche ones in four other cars. They are not bad, don't get me wrong. The Metra kit just seems to be better overall quality, plus it's made in the USA. IIRC, it was the same price or cheaper too than the Scosche one.

Old 05-02-2011, 12:37 AM
Leo18_rod

Thanks guys !! I'll Look into all these options!!

Quick Reply: Installing Pioneer Receiver.. Please Help