Radio and Ac fan and Lights and Odometer blanks out

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 03:28 AM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by houndog97
I'll check it out thanks........and do you have to check under the connections in the box? Any pictures of where to look and how to do? Thanks again and I hope you fixed the rough idle situation you had going on. I did by backing the motor mount bolts from the wheel well just a bit it now idles smooth as silk.
You don't generally have to check under it, no. Just follow the battery cable and look at the connections real good. The wire going from the + battery post to PDC on mine was actually black and corroded at the terminal. I ended up replacing the whole wire.

Old 05-16-2011, 10:02 AM
houndog97
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok I checked and it's ok. Now it's not doing it and the thing that gets me wondering is why when I shut and re start it something seems to reset and it' ok then. Strange........

Old 05-16-2011, 03:59 PM
hemi4spd
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

doncha love problems that fix themselves??

its not uncommon to have lyme disease on the backside of the PDC, when u get a chance remove the bolts that hold it to the body and flip it over to inspect, since its all attached by wires it wont move much but enough to flip it over

Old 06-17-2011, 08:09 PM
houndog97
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Follow up to this story is that yeah it was the battery post it got worse and I finally as a last resort cleaned them and waalaa it went away. Thanks a lot for all the help. I'm sure this saved me a lot of money by doing it myself through the knowledge of this forum, I was able to fix this.

Quick Reply: Radio and Ac fan and Lights and Odometer blanks out