2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Power Steering & brakes fail for one min

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 08:09 PM
ejohns87
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Steering & brakes fail for one min

Anyone that can give me any idea of what may be happening, it's muchly appreciated!

1. I have a 2003 Dodge sx sport edition with 98,000kms

2. I was driving home yesterday and while turning left onto my lane way i suddenly realized that the power steering seemed to not be working at all, I had to really yank on it to get it to urn left for me. Then pulling into my driveway, I put my foot on the brakes to stop and they were not working either. The brake pedal was easy to push down, but nothing was happening. The brake system warning light, and the oil pressure light came on at this point and I started rolling back down my driveway. I put on the e-brake, and turned the car off, when I restarted the car, the power steering and brakes were working fine again.

3.The check engine light came on and I got the code, it read: P0340.

Now I have had to get teh car towed, because I would start the car, and begin to drive and slowly the car would lose speed, and even when I pressed on the gas, the car would just rev and not increase in speed at all. If I turn off the car, and then back on it will drive fine for a short period of time, but then begin to slow down again and not drive.

Thoughts, anyone?

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Power Steering & brakes fail for one min